3320 w/300cx FEL

Default Re: Pictures of your snow weapons

Quote Originally Posted by dnw64 View Post
    Looks like you grooved your tires. ???
    Yes. Made a big difference!

Tractor
    Kubota L3200 HST

We use walk-behinds in our Boston neighborhood. Our latest is on the right: an Ariens RapidTrack Pro 28 (hydrostatic) with a 420cc Briggs with 21 lb ft of torque. And heated hand grips. The Honda is a 928 track, also hydrostatic, with the GX270.

We do three driveways and a few hundred feet of sidewalk most storms.

Tractor
    Kubota B2650 HSDC

Quote Originally Posted by herringchoker View Post
    Weird weather here down east. After 2 weeks in the "Arctic Vortex", we set a record high temp yesterday of 14.3*C (57.7*F), today my thermometers are reading 16*C (60.8*F) and now there's a Flash Freeze Warning for tonight. All our snow is gone except the remnants of plow banks.
    Not sure where you are in NB, we're West of Moncton. We lost every bit of snow we Had, also lost all the hard pack on our gravel drive! Ugh
    2017 Kubota B2650 HSDC
    FEL
    Land Pride RCR1260 cutter

2011 Polaris Ranger 800XP

Tractor
    Ford LGTs

Quote Originally Posted by NBKubota View Post
    Not sure where you are in NB, we're West of Moncton. We lost every bit of snow we Had, also lost all the hard pack on our gravel drive! Ugh
    Did the same here in Ontario the other day....frozen solid as a rock again now, more snow tonight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures of your snow weapons-pict0001-medium-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota L3560 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by NBKubota View Post
    Like Poncho62 said, don't worry, the freeze will return! Here in S. New England we too went thru a thaw and heavy rain and all the snow is gone but the frost is back, the ground is hard and the snow is coming Wed.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    1710 Ford, Versatile 150

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    We use walk-behinds in our Boston neighborhood. Our latest is on the right: an Ariens RapidTrack Pro 28 (hydrostatic) with a 420cc Briggs with 21 lb ft of torque. And heated hand grips. The Honda is a 928 track, also hydrostatic, with the GX270.

We do three driveways and a few hundred feet of sidewalk most storms.

Never having used a walk-behind I have to ask - what is the advantage of the tracks? I usually think of agriculture where they are great for traction and flotation but flotation is certainly not what you are concerned about and I would think a grip tire would give you plenty of traction. Plus I would think the tracks would be harder to turn with.

Tractor
    Yanmar 147D with loader,Woods mow,n machine 6210 ,Sears st10,Roper rt 10

Quote Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
    Did the same here in Ontario the other day....frozen solid as a rock again now, more snow tonight.
    Don't see many fords around much anymore. Nice fleet you have there.

Just seen one listed on CL resincely. 1972 Ford LGT 125 - farm & garden - by owner - sale

Tractor
    Kubota B2620

kubota B2620 with FEL, blower and rear hydraulic angle blade. And the 2004.5 Polaris sportsman 500 H.O. with Glacier Razor quick attach plow.

Both have been 100% reliable and fun to use. Also very low fuel useage. I don't even use the plow trucks at home. This is how I relax.....play with the toys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures of your snow weapons-010-large-jpg   Pictures of your snow weapons-008-large-jpg   Pictures of your snow weapons-007-large-jpg   Pictures of your snow weapons-004-large-jpg   Pictures of your snow weapons-003-large-jpg  

2013 Kubota B2620 with loader and 60"mm mower, 51" Kubota rear snowblower, Land Pride BB1260, Land Pride RB1660 with hydraulic angle, Wallenstein BXM32, Agri-Ease forks, Braber quick hitch.

Tractor
    F2690 GR2120(Sold) L3240(sold) B1700(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Creamer View Post
    Never having used a walk-behind I have to ask - what is the advantage of the tracks? I usually think of agriculture where they are great for traction and flotation but flotation is certainly not what you are concerned about and I would think a grip tire would give you plenty of traction. Plus I would think the tracks would be harder to turn with.
    I just got a new Honda 928 couple days ago and i can confirm that it is much harder to turn around. Manually that is! With the engine running it's just as easy as the Toro i have, as long as you pull the lever...
    It will however push through snow without riding up onto the snow and will push right on through it. The Honda is definitely something to get used to, but after an hour i got it figured out without having any issues.

Tractor
    Ford 3930

Quote Originally Posted by Creamer View Post
    Haven't used 'em myself, but I can see where they'd have advantages. Key would be reliable and easy to use drive-controls. Until you get into really big walk-behinds, tire-chains for wheeled units are a good idea up here, to deal with the limited contact area of wheels.

Nobody likes to deal with flat tires on anything, but they're esp. irritating on a blower in the dead of Winter..... at 5:30am....

Main downside I can see of track-drive is additional cost. Given Boston snow loads, I can understand spending the money though.

Rgds, D.
    It is more important to understand Fizx than to know how to spell it.

Page 410 of 414 FirstFirst ... 310360400407408409410411412413 ... LastLast