Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,371  
"Where the heck is Spring"
Cheer up in couple months or so we start losing day light mins....duck'n running. ;)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,372  
"Where the heck is Spring"
Cheer up in couple months or so we start losing day light mins....duck'n running. ;)

'tis true. Well, 2 months and a few days, if you want to get all scientific...

On a couple-post-back note, this recent event has got me thinking maybe I should have a back blade in inventory. Front-mounted snowblower is my Ultimate Answer, but I don't think ANY snowblower would handle the 1" of sleet doused with a double-shot of rain we got in this last storm. At our (vacated within one day) previous house it would be no big deal - almost flat driveway. But our new house has a pretty challenging positive slope incoming. Took me three tries (well, I didn't really expect much on the first try as I just did the normal 90° approach from the road). This stuff was like driving on a dump of ball bearings.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,373  
I have the front mount 66" snowblower and rear blade on my CK and love it.
I blow just about anything with it unless it is really wet then I push with the back blade. When there is not enough snow to blow then I pull out my ATV 700 kawasaki with snow blade on front. Either way I have the machines to do it with. Love winter lol

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,375  
With all the April snow storms hitting this Spring '18, thought we'd see more snow 'weapons' pics. But maybe the 'weapons' were removed too soon... as was my snow plow. I hate having to move snow with the bucket on the FEL, but the plow was put away three weeks ago when the weather was right for doing Spring work. Ha! One more snow, they're saying, for tomorrow.

From Friday through Tuesday, Gaylord hs had over 20+ inches of that white sh.....t! I would have to check how many hours I was in my tractor. One customer said he had 22", dad figured 30", and I opened a 3/8 mile drive that had approximately 30" in it. That alone took 10 hours. Gas station guys were laughing at me because I was in there 3 times over that period. Which is about 8 hours per tank of deisel.
P_20180417_105823.jpg
I measured the blower top height was at 22" from the ground.
P_20180417_102638.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,377  
I've been trying to find a blower for my old F2100, but haven't had much luck. In the meantime, I welded up a mount for an ATV plow to fit. I really need to add box sides, power angle and a mold board extension, but I've vowed to have a proper tractor come next winter. Make no mistake though, this old girl can push like beast, even with the turf tires.

These are from a few years ago. Approx. 24inin a short span came down.

20petjn.jpg

2cx5za.jpg

qoj5nr.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,378  
I've been trying to find a blower for my old F2100, but haven't had much luck. In the meantime, I welded up a mount for an ATV plow to fit. I really need to add box sides, power angle and a mold board extension, but I've vowed to have a proper tractor come next winter. Make no mistake though, this old girl can push like beast, even with the turf tires.

These are from a few years ago. Approx. 24inin a short span came down.

20petjn.jpg

2cx5za.jpg

qoj5nr.jpg
If you have a PTO shaft out front for the deck, you should be able to use most any front mount blower that spins in the correct direction.

Aaron Z

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,379  
Hysyde,
This fellow took a conventional used 540 rpm snow blower, ton of used models in circulation, and added a gas driver motor. If you are handy, fabricating a mount should not be difficult. I enclose a screenshot, the info in top dialog box should help you find the thread. Poster was very helpful in sharing his experience. He had more photos, specs, engine was 22 hp honda, shared his cost factors as well.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,380  
Bunch of years ago I front mounted a 48" blower which I drove with a 16HP Wisconsin that had electric start.
I duplicated FEL mounts and had it installed on my FEL arms.
It was awesome as I could raise the blower and blow away high snow and even a deck etc.
It was really not a difficult installation at all.

Problem was that came spring I got ambitious and the blower discovered a hidden car starter and totally trashed the augers and blew open the gear box.
What I did not know was that the augers were completely 'rust welded' to the shaft so there was no protection or weak link. (this was IMHO a bad design flaw as there was no provision to lubricate the auger shaft and also the shaft was simply a 1" shaft in a 1" tube so rust weld probably occurred real fast.
(Later similar blowers use a larger tube with zerks and bushings.)
My current 60" is same make as the trashed 48", LOL so I have a few spare parts.