Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,381  
Hysyde,
This fellow took a conventional used 540 rpm snow blower, ton of used models in circulation, and added a gas driver motor. If you are handy, fabricating a mount should not be difficult. I enclose a screenshot, the info in top dialog box should help you find the thread. Poster was very helpful in sharing his experience. He had more photos, specs, engine was 22 hp honda, shared his cost factors as well.

Somewhere there is an old outboard motor restorer guy cringing seeing the gas tank being exposed to winter's elements. :)

I think this is a great example of the solutions for owners of smaller tractors who are missing excess power to drive hydraulically powered blowers.

Dave M7040

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,382  
I've been trying to find a blower for my old F2100, but haven't had much luck. In the meantime, I welded up a mount for an ATV plow to fit. I really need to add box sides, power angle and a mold board extension, but I've vowed to have a proper tractor come next winter. Make no mistake though, this old girl can push like beast, even with the turf tires.

These are from a few years ago. Approx. 24inin a short span came down.

20petjn.jpg

2cx5za.jpg

qoj5nr.jpg

That works pretty good, especially looking at what you had for snow. I also noticed that your buddy didn't come out until after the yard was cleared. He's nobody's fool, no sense in slogging through the deep snow.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,383  
Dave,
Finally built hyd power unit we discussed months ago. Need to fabricate some supply/return hoses, melt some snow, grow grass, then try it out.

Actually thought the outboard gas tank was very clever, engine must have a fuel pump?

Hope the fellow sees it, w/ the F 2100.

Saw a nice post, chinese tractor in france w/ issues solved by Dave, very nice tribute.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,384  
Dave,
Finally built hyd power unit we discussed months ago. Need to fabricate some supply/return hoses, melt some snow, grow grass, then try it out.

Actually thought the outboard gas tank was very clever, engine must have a fuel pump?

Hope the fellow sees it, w/ the F 2100.

Saw a nice post, chinese tractor in france w/ issues solved by Dave, very nice tribute.

Yes, if the engine is above the fuel tank, there needs to be a pump.

I have that same(or similar) fuel tank for my father-in-law's old Evinrude outboard. It has two lines; an inny and an outty. If you look at that picture, it looks like he has the inny plugged up. The inny is where the old outboard engine would pump air into the tank to pressurize it, and the outty is where the fuel is forced out towards the engine. So the old outboard didn't really have a fuel pump as we know it, it had an air pump. Think about that for a bit. You are pressurizing the fuel tank. If there's a leak in a hose, tank lid, etc... that fuel and vapor can be forced out by the air pressure and BOOM! if there's an ignition source. They did away with them in the '60s and went to single line tanks with a vacuum fuel pump on the engine.

I recall being on a lake and having fuel problems with an old outboard like that. We had to hold the fuel can higher than the engine to get it started and keep it running. Get's tiring after several minutes. :laughing:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,386  
Don't discount them, turfs are generally accepted as being the best snow tire.

Very true! I had turfs on my previous tractor and they did great in the snows of Vermont.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,387  
Make no mistake though, this old girl can push like beast, even with the turf tires.
Both of my powered snow equipment have turf tires. I have chains for the tractor. But have only used them one time. Because everything was covered in ice.
My JD front mower has a snowblower. You may want to look for a blower that fits a JD or other front mower Then modify it to fit you Kubota.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,388  
We have not had a decent snow fall all winter, so send it my way. Snow pack which = irrigation water is critical right now.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,389  
I appreciate the suggestions for finding a front mount blower and/or adapting a blower with a power unit.

My PTO, in addition to running CCW, also has two speed settings, (1100 or 2000rpm). I haven't had much luck find a blower that could easily be adapted for this tractor AND was also somewhat affordable. I doesn't make a lot of sense to spend a lot of money on this machine.

As for a self-powered blower, I unfortunately do not have the time for a project like that.

My main goal right now is to find a CUT and letting my F2100 live out the rest of it's life peacefully cutting grass.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,390  
Don't discount them, turfs are generally accepted as being the best snow tire.
Yes, funny enough, I realised that this winter when two friends were clearing snow with near identical 4 series JDs. The one with R4s was sliding all over the place but the turfs stuck like glue.

I understand how turfs would be better on slick surfaces, but I always see the front mount Kubotas that are doing sidewalk/snow work fitted with ag/tractor tires for some reason?