Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #461  
I'm a little late seeing this thread - just finished getting my rig ready. This is an Erskine that has been stretched from 72" to 86" in width. So far western MA has avoided snow but our "luck" can't hold forever. ;)

Attachments

• P1010015.JPG
    P1010015.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 485
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #462  
I would love to switch to a snowblower, but I often wonedered if a front unit is practical for plowing many, many driveways in one snowstorm. I mean, are they simple/reliable enough and would it last a long time vesus something as "dumb" (simple) as a snowplow? I don't picture a blower working as well in a 3-5" snowfall-enough to get out and get the customers plowed, but not a really deep snow. I could be wrong on all these beliefs, just throwing it out there.....

Just when I'm ready to get the front blower, I always decide that a rear blower would be better since I have 2 snow weapons, plow on front, blower on back. Front blower is probably just too much tool for the average snowfalls we get here.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #463  
Randall,

Skid shoes for a Fisher plow run about $42/ea. new. I have a Kubota blade and had to get them from a dealer for about $48 per shoe. Felt a bit bent over writing the check, but this price appears to be the going rate.

I, too, have a gravel drive with crushed granite as an overlay. I am tired of scraping the driveway off the lawn every spring, so I intend to use the shoes all of the time to reduce my spring raking chores.

Steve

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #464  
Photo_119_bigger.jpg

+

469158_300.jpg

See, teenagers are good for something after all.

And sometimes I even let him drive the tractor!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #465  
fdmars
That beast has scared any snow away. :D :D
But don't feel bad, there are others who are happy that you have done that deed. :)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #466  
We have been lucky here and have been getting just enough snow to keep me busy. Its the 3rd snowiest December on record getting about 16" so far and have another 5" coming Christmas Eve and early Christmas Day. I love pushing it for my 10 or so customers but really do not want to do it Christmas morning. It will be a pain with all the cars in the drives. I will have to call each ahead to have them move them around.

Chris

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #467  
We have been lucky here and have been getting just enough snow to keep me busy. Its the 3rd snowiest December on record getting about 16" so far and have another 5" coming Christmas Eve and early Christmas Day. I love pushing it for my 10 or so customers but really do not want to do it Christmas morning. It will be a pain with all the cars in the drives. I will have to call each ahead to have them move them around.

Chris

Not so lucky here. It's a brown Christmas here. We have had 3 light dustings of snow....the biggest was 3 inches. I used my atv with plow for those. I haven't had to use the 790 as of yet. :mad:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #468  
That's a killer deal. I've been looking for a few years, and the best I've found was $900 for a blower that needed some repairs. I still don't have a blower.

To get good deals on 3PH blowers, you need to be patient, and a little lucky too. Timing also helps.

I had a 50" Meteor that came with my B7100 as a package deal. When I got the B7610, I started looking for a good deal on a 60", since it has the power to handle it, and the 50" barely cover's its tracks with the wheels out their widest setting.

In Aug. of last year, I found a 60" Woods SB60 for $800. It wasn't in as nice of shape as my Meteor, but works pretty well. The impeller does have some wear, so I might get a set of those gap filler things for it, or weld some material onto the blades if I ever get time.

I held onto the Meteor until late October, and then listed in on Craigstlist for $1200. Best offer I got was $900, but I thought I could do better if I waited. I listed it again after the first big snow last December. This time for $1250. It was sold in 3 days.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #469  
We're staying pretty busy here. 50" of snow in the last 48 hours. Probably 5-6 ft since Saturday.

LG%20VX8560%20-%202010-12-21%20-%20002%20%28Large%29.jpg

The house is slowly disappearing.

LG%20VX8560%20-%202010-12-21%20-%20005%20%28Large%29.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Beautiful property and pictures!

Merry Christmas!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #470  
Here is my main snow weapon. B7610 with Woods SB60 and LA352 FEL. I also have a 60" rear blade (wish I had a 72), and a 10HP/24" Simplicity walk-behind snow blower for the places the tractor won't fit.

I don't use the FEL for snow much, but it is the best tool for the packed ice ridges the snow plow piles at the end of the driveway. We don't have a very big property, and the neighbors probably wonder why I bother owning a tractor. No one questioned it when we got hammered with snow last year, and I used the FEL to clean up the snow plow piles from the end of their driveways, and sometimes cleared all their driveways with the SB. Much appreciation was expressed for that, from good beer to a heart-felt "thank you" from an elderly couple who both have major health problems and can't do it themselves.

B7610-with-sb.jpg

Attachments

• B7610-with-sb.jpg
    B7610-with-sb.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 212