Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #495  
Chilly807 said:
I think it's funny how many of us used to curse snow when we had to shovel it. Now it's greeted with indifference in many cases, and eagerness in others.

Heavy machinery and seat time works wonders for the human disposition.

Sean

You can't be more right about that! 90% of my time now is thinking about what improvements I can do for next year. I still want the snow now even though my rig is not completely set up the way I want it yet.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons
Have a couple trucks, a backhoe and my 7040 out plowing, so I've got 45 customers to keep happy, not just a driveway.

I bet you will get some welding in too, Plowing snow and welding seem to be old companions.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #497  
To get good deals on 3PH blowers, you need to be patient, and a little lucky too. Timing also helps.

I had a 50" Meteor that came with my B7100 as a package deal. When I got the B7610, I started looking for a good deal on a 60", since it has the power to handle it, and the 50" barely cover's its tracks with the wheels out their widest setting.

In Aug. of last year, I found a 60" Woods SB60 for $800. It wasn't in as nice of shape as my Meteor, but works pretty well. The impeller does have some wear, so I might get a set of those gap filler things for it, or weld some material onto the blades if I ever get time.

I held onto the Meteor until late October, and then listed in on Craigstlist for $1200. Best offer I got was $900, but I thought I could do better if I waited. I listed it again after the first big snow last December. This time for $1250. It was sold in 3 days.

I'll keep my eyes open. I'm sure the right deal will come along. I just need to make sure I'm ready for it when it comes. I think my little 18 hp SCUT will only handle a 48" snowblower. There are not many 4 footers out there for sale. I've found a few 5' blowers, but none smaller. My blade and FEL do a good enough job that I can't justify buying new.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #498  
Have a couple trucks, a backhoe and my 7040 out plowing, so I've got 45 customers to keep happy, not just a driveway.

Okay so that is a good reason to be nervous

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #500  

I know exactly what you mean. I only have three but the first big storm always gives me the gitters before hand. Once I get going everything smooths out.