Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #511  
Tinman .. I love the look of that Bobcat box! Serious bit of metal. You'd think you'd need crawler treads.. and that tractor doesn't look heavy enough to handle a box full of wet snow? That's a big container...

Mine is simply a $300 Meyers Jeep plow on a frame-mount so I don't bugger my FEL. I can leave the FEL on and switch the tilt outlet to lift the plow. I can also push the snow, then pop the blade and bucket the piles..the plow frame remains in place. This was the very first time I used a front blade .. lots to learn.

Jim/Salisbury Maryland

JD_snow.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #512  
Handling the Blizzard of Dec 2010... Southern NY. We got about 20"+ here with wind gusts up to 68mph! The little 2320 handled it well. Did 5 decent size driveways in about 4 hours without chains (thank you L/R braking). Some snow piles 8' or more!

Attachments

• CIMG0376.jpg
    CIMG0376.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 546
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #513  
Right JC, it is slow going with just a bucket. But eventually you get there, and hope you enjoy the great seat time. :)
With those winds, you just need to add the snowmobile helmet. :D

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #515  
Didn't know a toboggan was i-Match compatible

Attachments

• DSC_5513.jpg
    DSC_5513.jpg
    663.3 KB · Views: 341
  • DSC_5515.jpg
    DSC_5515.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 562
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #517  
We're out spreading anti-skid now using the big Agrex PTO spreader. So far it works GREAT! I mounted the optional remote flow control box inside the cab rather than out back and I can feather the rate of material spread just right. :thumbsup:
I highly recommend the Agrex cone spreader-just make sure you get the optional agitator and remote flow control. Few hundred extra bucks makes this attachment a pleasure to use. Takes a little while to mount the flow control valve, but now glad I did.

Attachments

• DSCN2693.jpg
    DSCN2693.jpg
    810.6 KB · Views: 288
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #518  
Good thing for JD tractors with big snowblowers and AWD cars...

Took this picture around the corner from my house after the blizzard. Now that is a big drift!

My father's new setup...

I think its safe to say that he is ready for snow

Attachments

• IMG_2247.jpg
    IMG_2247.jpg
    891.7 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_2239.jpg
    IMG_2239.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_2240.jpg
    IMG_2240.jpg
    968.9 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_2244.jpg
    IMG_2244.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 461
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #519  
We're out spreading anti-skid now using the big Agrex PTO spreader. So far it works GREAT! I mounted the optional remote flow control box inside the cab rather than out back and I can feather the rate of material spread just right. :thumbsup:
I highly recommend the Agrex cone spreader-just make sure you get the optional agitator and remote flow control. Few hundred extra bucks makes this attachment a pleasure to use. Takes a little while to mount the flow control valve, but now glad I did.

Builder,
I have a similar sized 3pt spreader, since you have much more snow experience than I have I would ask what you are using for antiskid material?
I was thinking of using coarse sand?