Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #531  
My rig with snowblower and sander (I use a combination of sand and ice melter about 80/20). Regards, Mike

Attachments

• Winter 2010 (13).JPG
    Winter 2010 (13).JPG
    704.3 KB · Views: 397
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #532  
Recently had this 6 foot (180cm) rear blade made for my JD 4400 by a local machinery dealer.
I'm sure others will chime in and agree with me when I say that is not a great idea. The 3pt arms are not made for pushing and the first time you hit that rock or chuck of ice, there is a good possibility you will bend one of those arms. I'm not saying it won't work but be careful!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #533  
I'm sure others will chime in and agree with me when I say that is not a great idea. The 3pt arms are not made for pushing and the first time you hit that rock or chuck of ice, there is a good possibility you will bend one of those arms. I'm not saying it won't work but be careful!
I would think the top link would be the first to go, then I'd quit.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #534  
why would the 3pt not handle pushing snow well but be able to pull it just fine?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #535  
Because it was DESIGHNED TO PULL,sway is built -in to allow movement,not desired in pushing.Pivot points at top link ect.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #536  
.... I'll enter a contrary opinion about the reversed blade. A friend around the corner from my business has this monster.

8N.JPG

It belongs on the 1958, Ugly Chicks in Prison Calendar, but it blasts the b'jeezus out of the wet heavy snow we get. Hank runs a wrecker service and clears both his impound lot and about 300' of drive around his shop and then comes here an blasts my parking lot clear. The tractor is treated like a Taliban wife, but shows no ill effects from this abuse. Maybe, they used 'real metal' when this was made?

If Michael's blade has a rubber edge - does that lessen the prospects of him hanging the mass of the tractor on a manhole cover, etc? I was so sensitive about these prospects that I bypassed the FEL and had a custom frame made for my front plow. Yet, I have observed a couple of years worth (last year was a biggie!) of work on this little Ford with no apparent sign of wear or failure.

Jim

.... Hank put a $10 bass boat seat on it so he can at least pivot his body about 45deg - taking a load off his neck.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #537  
I was taught by a farmer to push snow with the blade backwards when there's too much to pull. But I agree it's not the way the 3 point was designed to work. (I don't think it matters on a real tractor, but for little ones it may)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #538  
It is mostly about taking care in operation.........

I use a back blade to pull and push snow......... you have to be reasonable careful doing both. Pushing snow can instantly load up the support linkage with the momentum and weight of the tractor, when you go up against an immovable object.........

Pulling can do the same thing.

I broke a kubota 3710 lower link arm in half plowing one winter day when the outward edge of the blade struck a granite lintal while I was pulling the blade around my driveway....... I have also seen my neighbor turn his top link into a pretzle because he was not paying attention.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #539  
good to know.. i'll keep that to a minimum now.. thanks.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #540  
I really thing it is all a matter of time when you bend or break something. If you plow it will happen.