Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #581  
It's funny you mention that. I have a friend who works as a foreman on a large construction company and they do condominium complex snow removal-BIG TIME stuff. They have 1 Honda tracked snowblower, like 32" wide. He said "it went through a shear pin an hour" I think was how he described it. Said he finally gave up and brought a different brand of bolt.

My gravel is mixed with some pretty course stuff from over the years. I had a piece of inch and a half stuck in there good, can't blame the machine this time, it gets stirred up by the tractor and my buddy's plow.. I really should just save it till I put a good top layer down.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #583  
I pretty much gave up using mine for for a few years, maybe forever with any luck. Had to replace an auger gearbox last year after it ingested a good sized rock. The shear bolts help, but there's still a good shock load when it breaks one.

Sean

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #584  
About 14 inches here since last evening.

Finally got to try out the snowblower on the Massey:thumbsup:

Nice storm accumulation.

Were you totally satisfied with your blower.??

I love mine so far.!!:thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #585  
Sears LT 1000 "SE" under construction but had to play in the last snowstorm.

My new favorite snow weapon! :thumbsup:

Did I miss the build thread on that one?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #586  
My new favorite snow weapon! :thumbsup:

Did I miss the build thread on that one?

I have not done a proper build thread. I did post some pics of its progress in the welding section. I started a thread on another site but the progress is slow going. The thread had intial interest but faded fast so I am not bothering to waste my time updating it. Do you think it would get a better response here ?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #587  
I have not done a proper build thread. I did post some pics of its progress in the welding section. I started a thread on another site but the progress is slow going. The thread had intial interest but faded fast so I am not bothering to waste my time updating it. Do you think it would get a better response here ?
At least point folks to the welding thread... I was enjoying the read.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #588  

I know I would like to see it. I've seen some similarly creative threads really take off in the "Build it Yourself" section. I love seeing how other members create and solve problems, and we all like spending other people's money.

So how does that monster do in the snow? Is it 4 wheel drive? Can you push a lot of snow before you overpower your traction? What's the turning radius?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #590  
I know I would like to see it. I've seen some similarly creative threads really take off in the "Build it Yourself" section. I love seeing how other members create and solve problems, and we all like spending other people's money.

So how does that monster do in the snow? Is it 4 wheel drive? Can you push a lot of snow before you overpower your traction? What's the turning radius?

I am continuing with progress pics so once it is completed then I will do a thread in the building section.I think it will be better to show it all at once rather than a piece at a time.

It is AWD,articulating and oscillates 15 degrees ( I can put opposite corner tires on 7" blocks) and has a 28" turning radius . With the plow on I can easily turn around within the width of a one car drive. It is traction limited with the turf tires but it still can plow 6"deep snow with ease. The tires need to be filled and I will put on v-bar chains then I will be able to see what it can do.

A small FEL w/grapple is under construction now along with rear 3pt,dual batteries,inverter, 8 gpm gear pump for FEL. Currently the hydraulic steering and plow lift/angle are run of the axles aux pump.