Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #681  
Why? Wouldn't the trip spring moldboard or trip spring cutting edge protect it? :confused:

Me and 100's of thousands of them are running around plowing with that set up and no "disasters". :confused:

The disaster comes next spring when the gravel and stone has to be placed back in the driveway. I've been plowing snow with one tractor and chain-lift plow or another for probably 40 years, and I wouldn't have a rigid mount. To each his own.

"hundreds of thousands" is a stretch, don't you think?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #682  
The disaster comes next spring when the gravel and stone has to be placed back in the driveway. I've been plowing snow with one tractor and chain-lift plow or another for probably 40 years, and I wouldn't have a rigid mount. To each his own.

How about plowing with foot pads so that you don't move the gravel or rocks?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #683  
How does the heat work in the Cab? I have been looking at something similar at my BobCat Dealer.

Chris

Heat and AC are outstanding..It'll bake you or freeze you, whichever you prefer.

Wiper blade, washer, stereo, power-angle and worklights make plowing fun.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #684  
How about plowing with foot pads so that you don't move the gravel or rocks?

Use rubber on the cutting adge and no foot pads..Doesn't dig gravel that way.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #685  
Plowing gravel driveways is tough business. I've done it for over a dozen years and still sucks. I have a KubotaL3600GST with a LandPride landscape blade and FEL. I turn the plowblade backwards - meaning I push the plow in reverse while the plow face is still facing the tractor - and that prevents the blade from diving into the gravel. The blade will ride over the gravel and not dive in and while you don't get down to bare gravel that way, you also don't have to spend a few weeks raking the driveway off the grass and back onto the driveway in the spring.

Attachments

• DSC07585.jpg
    DSC07585.jpg
    877.8 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC07588.jpg
    DSC07588.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 352
  • KubotaPlow.jpg
    KubotaPlow.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 310
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #686  
Here's a pic, (definitely NOT of me, happily) of what real snow is all about...:D
Things could always be worse, eh?

Oswego1.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #687  
Here's what I've been living in for the past 4 days plowing snow (evenings anyway):

Just sat in one of those at my Kubota dealer. SWEET! :thumbsup:
If I got in one of those at the dealer my wife would kill me, I'd have to bring it home. Sure is nice though.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #688  
Plowing gravel driveways is tough business. I've done it for over a dozen years and still sucks. I have a KubotaL3600GST with a LandPride landscape blade and FEL. I turn the plowblade backwards - meaning I push the plow in reverse while the plow face is still facing the tractor - and that prevents the blade from diving into the gravel. The blade will ride over the gravel and not dive in and while you don't get down to bare gravel that way, you also don't have to spend a few weeks raking the driveway off the grass and back onto the driveway in the spring.

I don't take them anymore. I had the opportunity to get a law office with a few other businesses and they have that fine pea gravel driveway. I turned it down because of the headaches.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #689  

Well I guess I owe you an apology because I didn't know we were talking gravel driveways. I wouldn't call plowing stones onto a lawn a "disaster", but I can see where that would be a pain to rake them back. I plow only hardtop roads, driveways & parking lots except one. My farm driveway is gravel, so I just set the plow up one inch and have at it.

Maybe, but I gotta think there's a lot of skid steers & tractors equipped with plows just like mine......How's "tens of thousands" grab you? :D

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #690  
I don't take them anymore. I had the opportunity to get a law office with a few other businesses and they have that fine pea gravel driveway. I turned it down because of the headaches.

These days I plow only one driveway. I'd give it up if I could, but I own the **** place.