Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #901  
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #902  
L39 - removed backhoe for the first time and tried an unknown 96" pto snowblower. Worked great. Cleared all the 6' snow piles. Could throw the dense wet snow about 40'.

Attachments

• Winter_sb6.JPG
    Winter_sb6.JPG
    630 KB · Views: 331
  • Winter_sb7.JPG
    Winter_sb7.JPG
    715.7 KB · Views: 408
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #903  
Made a snow run yesterday when 6-9" of wet snow fell. Mounted a camera on the ROPS to get some video on the 1/4 mile run. Less than 2 minutes for the three runs. Some cleanup at three turn-arounds for a total of about 20 minutes. That would take a lot longer with a snowblower, and with a blade there is no clean-up time.
Here is the first run. The run back up and the final run back down are on videos 2 and 3
YouTube - 4300 Deere snowplowing 1

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #904  
The good thing about a snowblower though is that you don't get a build-up of bankings. Towards the end of this year I was running out of places to push it and the banks were so high the snow wouldn't go over them when I plowed.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #906  
DMF
That is why I built the wing plow to mow that snow back the few times it becomes necessary. :)
YouTube - Deere 4300 Wing plow

Yup, I know. That wing plow is definately cool. I live on a pretty big hill and I'm not sure I'd be able to plow up with that wing plow though; sometimes I have issues just with the 7 1/2 footer on the front. If I ever made one, it would have to be easily transferred from one side to the other.

That and I'd have to be careful not to biff one of the telephone poles with it! ;)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #907  
Made a snow run yesterday when 6-9" of wet snow fell. Mounted a camera on the ROPS to get some video on the 1/4 mile run. Less than 2 minutes for the three runs. Some cleanup at three turn-arounds for a total of about 20 minutes. That would take a lot longer with a snowblower, and with a blade there is no clean-up time.
Here is the first run. The run back up and the final run back down are on videos 2 and 3
YouTube - 4300 Deere snowplowing 1

Outstanding videos, Beenthere!!
Thanks for posting!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #908  
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #909  
L39 - removed backhoe for the first time and tried an unknown 96" pto snowblower. Worked great. Cleared all the 6' snow piles. Could throw the dense wet snow about 40'.

I heartily approve of the color! :thumbsup::D

Joe

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #910  
Bobcat CT235 62'' Front mount snowblower

2011-03-10144101.jpg

2011-03-10144111.jpg

2011-03-10144149.jpg

2011-03-10144125.jpg