Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1  

Timber

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
It's getting to be that time of year when we are thinking about dragging out the snow gear and tweaking for winters assault. So what do you use, how deep do you do you get.

I am in Eastern Massachusetts and we can get around 24" in a good storm but it is usually 8" at a time

shop005.jpg

snowtractors001.jpg

This is my go to machine especially when doing my neighbors
shop011.jpg

This is great during a storm or if it is real cold out
shop010.jpg

xmasssnow2007010.jpg

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #2  
Here's my setup. Heated cab and hydraulic adjust plow. Just need to get the radio installed and life will be good this winter.

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #3  
In western PA a good snow is 8" to 12". Last year we did get a little over 2' in one snow and several years ago we got about 3' in one snow. Here is my new setup and can't wait to try it. This means we won't get any snow this winter.

100_0151.jpg

100_0149.jpg

100_0150.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4  
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #5  
cspot, one forecast I saw is for a mild winter so you might be right. Heck, yesterday it was still in the 90's down here. Today is a bit cooler since a rain front is moving through.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons
Does that blade have trip springs? Just curious...

Yes it does have trip springs. This was given to me by another TBN member last year. it is a 6' plow off a Willy,s jeep he is restoring. The greatest thing about this setup is that I can sweep snow from left to right instead of just pushing windrows. This is very nice in double wide drives behind cars and against the building. It also lets me pile snow were I want it to melt so it doesn't wind up in the basement.

snowplowinstal003.jpg

I know their will be comments about stress to the loader arms but pushing snow has nothing against digging with the loader. If you have only seen what I have done with this little tractor.:confused2:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #8  
Yes it does have trip springs. This was given to me by another TBN member last year. it is a 6' plow off a Willy,s jeep he is restoring. The greatest thing about this setup is that I can sweep snow from left to right instead of just pushing windrows. This is very nice in double wide drives behind cars and against the building. It also lets me pile snow were I want it to melt so it doesn't wind up in the basement.

snowplowinstal003.jpg

I know their will be comments about stress to the loader arms but pushing snow has nothing against digging with the loader. If you have only seen what I have done with this little tractor.:confused2:

Yes I agree with you that digging with loader is more stressful than a blade. I could see if you were flying around at top speed and hit something on the corner. My blade (had it on a MF 135) has never tripped the springs. I don't even think it would trip because the pins are so rusted up in it. I usually plow snow with the tractor at about 5 MPH, so that is not that fast.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #9  
I'm in New Hampshire and I think we get about 100" in an average winter. Last winter's snowfall was rather light compared to most.

Attachments

• IMG00102sm.jpg
    IMG00102sm.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 3,155
   / Pictures of your snow weapons
Yes I agree with you that digging with loader is more stressful than a blade. I could see if you were flying around at top speed and hit something on the corner. My blade (had it on a MF 135) has never tripped the springs. I don't even think it would trip because the pins are so rusted up in it. I usually plow snow with the tractor at about 5 MPH, so that is not that fast.

I do know people have tweaked there loader arms if they get into a curb or catch a sewer cover. I have laid the blade over plenty of times so the feature does work quite well. It is a good idea to know what is under the snow and know where the edge of the drive is. Parking lots are a dangerous challenge with curbs and potholes.

Last edited: