Page 1 of 219 12341151101 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Default Pictures of your snow weapons

It's getting to be that time of year when we are thinking about dragging out the snow gear and tweaking for winters assault. So what do you use, how deep do you do you get.

I am in Eastern Massachusetts and we can get around 24" in a good storm but it is usually 8" at a time

This is my go to machine especially when doing my neighbors

This is great during a storm or if it is real cold out

Last edited by Timber; 09-26-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    Kubota B7800, Sundown Loader Forks, Landpride PHD, Sundown 66" Box Blade, 800 pound Ballast Drum with chain storage, ATI Grapple, 60" WR Long Diverter, Landpride Brush mower, 7' Landpride Rake,Manlift platform, Bucket mounted 6' Snow Plow, 3 point Cherry Picker, Subsoiler

Tractor
    2010 Massey Ferguson 1652

Default Re: Pictures of your snow weapons

Here's my setup. Heated cab and hydraulic adjust plow. Just need to get the radio installed and life will be good this winter.
    Last edited by MF1652; 08-15-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Silver Member

In western PA a good snow is 8" to 12". Last year we did get a little over 2' in one snow and several years ago we got about 3' in one snow. Here is my new setup and can't wait to try it. This means we won't get any snow this winter.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    This is my go to machine especially when doing my neighbors
    Does that blade have trip springs? Just curious...
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

cspot, one forecast I saw is for a mild winter so you might be right. Heck, yesterday it was still in the 90's down here. Today is a bit cooler since a rain front is moving through.
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    Does that blade have trip springs? Just curious...
    Yes it does have trip springs. This was given to me by another TBN member last year. it is a 6' plow off a Willy,s jeep he is restoring. The greatest thing about this setup is that I can sweep snow from left to right instead of just pushing windrows. This is very nice in double wide drives behind cars and against the building. It also lets me pile snow were I want it to melt so it doesn't wind up in the basement.

I know their will be comments about stress to the loader arms but pushing snow has nothing against digging with the loader. If you have only seen what I have done with this little tractor.
    Kubota B7800, Sundown Loader Forks, Landpride PHD, Sundown 66" Box Blade, 800 pound Ballast Drum with chain storage, ATI Grapple, 60" WR Long Diverter, Landpride Brush mower, 7' Landpride Rake,Manlift platform, Bucket mounted 6' Snow Plow, 3 point Cherry Picker, Subsoiler

Tractor
    Kubota L3750

This is my method to handle the snow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -treasure-cay-beaches-jpg  
    1st Peter 1:6-9

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Yes it does have trip springs. This was given to me by another TBN member last year. it is a 6' plow off a Willy,s jeep he is restoring. The greatest thing about this setup is that I can sweep snow from left to right instead of just pushing windrows. This is very nice in double wide drives behind cars and against the building. It also lets me pile snow were I want it to melt so it doesn't wind up in the basement.

I know their will be comments about stress to the loader arms but pushing snow has nothing against digging with the loader. If you have only seen what I have done with this little tractor.
    Yes I agree with you that digging with loader is more stressful than a blade. I could see if you were flying around at top speed and hit something on the corner. My blade (had it on a MF 135) has never tripped the springs. I don't even think it would trip because the pins are so rusted up in it. I usually plow snow with the tractor at about 5 MPH, so that is not that fast.

Tractor
    Kubota B2650HSDC

I'm in New Hampshire and I think we get about 100" in an average winter. Last winter's snowfall was rather light compared to most.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img00102sm-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Quote Originally Posted by cspot View Post
    Yes I agree with you that digging with loader is more stressful than a blade. I could see if you were flying around at top speed and hit something on the corner. My blade (had it on a MF 135) has never tripped the springs. I don't even think it would trip because the pins are so rusted up in it. I usually plow snow with the tractor at about 5 MPH, so that is not that fast.
    I do know people have tweaked there loader arms if they get into a curb or catch a sewer cover. I have laid the blade over plenty of times so the feature does work quite well. It is a good idea to know what is under the snow and know where the edge of the drive is. Parking lots are a dangerous challenge with curbs and potholes.
    Last edited by Timber; 09-26-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Page 1 of 219 12341151101 ... LastLast