Snow Attachments JD 755 47" Snow Blower Front PTO Kit

/ JD 755 47" Snow Blower Front PTO Kit #1  

jd425

Tractor
JD425, 455 and 755
I'm new to this forum and really enjoying everything i'm reading. There are a lot of very knowledgeable members and the only forum i've found with such a wealth knowlege. Onto my queston- I just purchased a used 755 with a 47" 2 stage snow blower. I was provided with the mid pto shaft, but when i got it home and tried to hook up the blower, i realized they failed to provide me with the front pto kit. Since this was a used sale, dealership has turned their back on me and will not provide the front pto kit. Not sure if i need the Upstop kit as well as this is my first snow blower and from what i can tell, the front axle has a square housing with the center cut out for the PTO kit. I have been trying to locate a kit online and having a lot of difficulty. Can someone please direct me to exactly what i need to hookup the snow blower shaft (which has the coupler) and the mid PTO shaft which also has a coupler on both ends to hookup to the PTO with the splines. I can provide pics as well if needed. I hope this makes sense.

-Thank You, JD425

/ JD 755 47" Snow Blower Front PTO Kit #2  
Welcome to TBN JD:D

This is going to be a tough one for sure...Finding those parts may not be easy or cheap. My three suggestions for now are:

1. Register (for free) at www.jdparts.com and learn to use it. There is a quick tutorial linked in my signature if you need help with it. This is the same basic system the parts counter uses at the dealer.

2. Post good pictures of what you have, that will help us.

3. Demand your money back for at least the blower (I know you want it but at least make the stink) since they sold it to you and you and it's incomplete and unusable.

/ JD 755 47" Snow Blower Front PTO Kit #3  
I'm new to this forum and really enjoying everything i'm reading. There are a lot of very knowledgeable members and the only forum i've found with such a wealth knowlege. Onto my queston- I just purchased a used 755 with a 47" 2 stage snow blower. I was provided with the mid pto shaft, but when i got it home and tried to hook up the blower, i realized they failed to provide me with the front pto kit. Since this was a used sale, dealership has turned their back on me and will not provide the front pto kit. Not sure if i need the Upstop kit as well as this is my first snow blower and from what i can tell, the front axle has a square housing with the center cut out for the PTO kit. I have been trying to locate a kit online and having a lot of difficulty. Can someone please direct me to exactly what i need to hookup the snow blower shaft (which has the coupler) and the mid PTO shaft which also has a coupler on both ends to hookup to the PTO with the splines. I can provide pics as well if needed. I hope this makes sense.

-Thank You, JD425

It sounds like you bought a used tractor with snowblower from the local dealer. If they did not give you all the parts to make it work, then make a stink to make it right. If they are not going to provide the rest of the needed parts, then they should reimburse you for the cost of you getting them.

/ JD 755 47" Snow Blower Front PTO Kit
Thanks All for the responses. I need the double sided Front PTO kit for sure. I will have to go back to the dealer as suggested.

/ JD 755 47" Snow Blower Front PTO Kit #5  
if they won't help you out, do not buy the parts from them....

/ JD 755 47" Snow Blower Front PTO Kit #6  
The tractor dealer should have sold you a working and complete snow blower unit unless it was sold as-is. If not the dealer needs to be taken to small claims court to make amends.

Back to the front mounted Deere snow blower. Are you sure it needs a front PTO? I thought the mid PTO worked through a mid mounted special snow blower transmission/transfer case that allowed the direction of the mid PTO shaft to be reversed to power the front mounted blower. Maybe you are missing that transfer housing. Good luck.

/ JD 755 47" Snow Blower Front PTO Kit #7  
The tractor dealer should have sold you a working and complete snow blower unit unless it was sold as-is. If not the dealer needs to be taken to small claims court to make amends.

Back to the front mounted Deere snow blower. Are you sure it needs a front PTO? I thought the mid PTO worked through a mid mounted special snow blower transmission/transfer case that allowed the direction of the mid PTO shaft to be reversed to power the front mounted blower. Maybe you are missing that transfer housing. Good luck.

Unfortunately, that "as is" statement is correct...the OP may not have any recourse.

As far as the "front PTO" (and I'm hoping someone with a 755, 855 or 955 will jump in), the mid PTO driveshaft runs to a front mounted bracket that has input/output PTO splines on it to either change the direction (angle) of the drive shaft(s) or reduce the length. One drive shaft from the mid-PTO to a front blower would be pretty long.
I've seen this set up, but it's been years and my memory may not be totally accurate.

/ JD 755 47" Snow Blower Front PTO Kit #8  
As far as the "front PTO" (and I'm hoping someone with a 755, 855 or 955 will jump in), the mid PTO driveshaft runs to a front mounted bracket that has input/output PTO splines on it to either change the direction (angle) of the drive shaft(s) or reduce the length. One drive shaft from the mid-PTO to a front blower would be pretty long.
I've seen this set up, but it's been years and my memory may not be totally accurate.

That's the way it was done-and still done on the new machines.

/ JD 755 47" Snow Blower Front PTO Kit #9  
I may have what you are looking for. Contact me if you are still looking.