Tractor
    JD425, 455 and 755

Default JD 755 47" Snow Blower Front PTO Kit

I'm new to this forum and really enjoying everything i'm reading. There are a lot of very knowledgeable members and the only forum i've found with such a wealth knowlege. Onto my queston- I just purchased a used 755 with a 47" 2 stage snow blower. I was provided with the mid pto shaft, but when i got it home and tried to hook up the blower, i realized they failed to provide me with the front pto kit. Since this was a used sale, dealership has turned their back on me and will not provide the front pto kit. Not sure if i need the Upstop kit as well as this is my first snow blower and from what i can tell, the front axle has a square housing with the center cut out for the PTO kit. I have been trying to locate a kit online and having a lot of difficulty. Can someone please direct me to exactly what i need to hookup the snow blower shaft (which has the coupler) and the mid PTO shaft which also has a coupler on both ends to hookup to the PTO with the splines. I can provide pics as well if needed. I hope this makes sense.

-Thank You, JD425

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Default Re: JD 755 47" Snow Blower Front PTO Kit

Welcome to TBN JD

This is going to be a tough one for sure...Finding those parts may not be easy or cheap. My three suggestions for now are:

1. Register (for free) at www.jdparts.com and learn to use it. There is a quick tutorial linked in my signature if you need help with it. This is the same basic system the parts counter uses at the dealer.

2. Post good pictures of what you have, that will help us.

3. Demand your money back for at least the blower (I know you want it but at least make the stink) since they sold it to you and you and it's incomplete and unusable.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by jd425 View Post
    I'm new to this forum and really enjoying everything i'm reading. There are a lot of very knowledgeable members and the only forum i've found with such a wealth knowlege. Onto my queston- I just purchased a used 755 with a 47" 2 stage snow blower. I was provided with the mid pto shaft, but when i got it home and tried to hook up the blower, i realized they failed to provide me with the front pto kit. Since this was a used sale, dealership has turned their back on me and will not provide the front pto kit. Not sure if i need the Upstop kit as well as this is my first snow blower and from what i can tell, the front axle has a square housing with the center cut out for the PTO kit. I have been trying to locate a kit online and having a lot of difficulty. Can someone please direct me to exactly what i need to hookup the snow blower shaft (which has the coupler) and the mid PTO shaft which also has a coupler on both ends to hookup to the PTO with the splines. I can provide pics as well if needed. I hope this makes sense.

-Thank You, JD425
    It sounds like you bought a used tractor with snowblower from the local dealer. If they did not give you all the parts to make it work, then make a stink to make it right. If they are not going to provide the rest of the needed parts, then they should reimburse you for the cost of you getting them.
    2007 Kubota L3130, LA723 FEL
    Land Pride FDR1672 rear finish mower, Frontier RB1172, Koyker KB60 BH
    Pallet forks, Golf cart canopy bolted to ROPS, 9" & 12" PHD

Tractor
    JD425, 455 and 755

Thanks All for the responses. I need the double sided Front PTO kit for sure. I will have to go back to the dealer as suggested.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2520, X475

if they won't help you out, do not buy the parts from them....
    JD 2520 --- FEL, I-Match, Frontier RC2460 Rotary Cutter, Pallet Forks, DR Brush Chipper, JD Ballast Box, 71 Flex Planter!

Bronze Member

The tractor dealer should have sold you a working and complete snow blower unit unless it was sold as-is. If not the dealer needs to be taken to small claims court to make amends.

Back to the front mounted Deere snow blower. Are you sure it needs a front PTO? I thought the mid PTO worked through a mid mounted special snow blower transmission/transfer case that allowed the direction of the mid PTO shaft to be reversed to power the front mounted blower. Maybe you are missing that transfer housing. Good luck.
    1986 Deere 165 38" w bagger, 1989 755 with 70 loader and 60" mmm, 2006 3720 open cab w 300x, weight box, 5 and 6 ft rear blades, 72" mmm, Meteor 3 pt snow blower 68", I match, 447BH, TSC Carry All 3pt wood carrier

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Yourkie View Post
    The tractor dealer should have sold you a working and complete snow blower unit unless it was sold as-is. If not the dealer needs to be taken to small claims court to make amends.

Back to the front mounted Deere snow blower. Are you sure it needs a front PTO? I thought the mid PTO worked through a mid mounted special snow blower transmission/transfer case that allowed the direction of the mid PTO shaft to be reversed to power the front mounted blower. Maybe you are missing that transfer housing. Good luck.
    Unfortunately, that "as is" statement is correct...the OP may not have any recourse.

As far as the "front PTO" (and I'm hoping someone with a 755, 855 or 955 will jump in), the mid PTO driveshaft runs to a front mounted bracket that has input/output PTO splines on it to either change the direction (angle) of the drive shaft(s) or reduce the length. One drive shaft from the mid-PTO to a front blower would be pretty long.
    I've seen this set up, but it's been years and my memory may not be totally accurate.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    As far as the "front PTO" (and I'm hoping someone with a 755, 855 or 955 will jump in), the mid PTO driveshaft runs to a front mounted bracket that has input/output PTO splines on it to either change the direction (angle) of the drive shaft(s) or reduce the length. One drive shaft from the mid-PTO to a front blower would be pretty long.
    I've seen this set up, but it's been years and my memory may not be totally accurate.
    That's the way it was done-and still done on the new machines.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain and Rigging Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Bronze Member

I may have what you are looking for. Contact me if you are still looking.