Snow Attachments 3320 john deere snow plow help

/ 3320 john deere snow plow help #1  

sparker133

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Deere 4320 cab, 180 loader, 485 backhoe, 2021 Deere 1023e, Vermeer trencher, 2022 Deere 26g
I have a 3320 and i just pick up a snow plow. I don't want to hook it up to the fel because of the problems it can cause. I saw a couple of guy mount it the front and used the loader outputs to control it. My questions are what size cylinders do i need, and what is the psi. Where do i get the quick couplers to hook up to the fel couplers. Also, were is a good place to get my part at a good price

/ 3320 john deere snow plow help #2  
I put a 7' myers plow on my 3320 loader and it has worked fine but you guys have real snows up there. I mounted mine to my fork lift frame and used the hydraulics for my 4 in 1 to angle the plow.

Dan

/ 3320 john deere snow plow help #3  
I have a 3320 and i just pick up a snow plow. I don't want to hook it up to the fel because of the problems it can cause. I saw a couple of guy mount it the front and used the loader outputs to control it. My questions are what size cylinders do i need, and what is the psi. Where do i get the quick couplers to hook up to the fel couplers. Also, were is a good place to get my part at a good price

We need more info, and some pictures. What kind of plow is it? If it's a truck plow like a Meyers, or Fisher, then the stock SA (single acting) cylinders that are meant for it will work just fine. Your JD dealer or a local hydraulic shop can get the QD's for you.

/ 3320 john deere snow plow help
i will get some pictures soon, it is a 8ft western plow blade with single acting cylinders. It came off a truck I it just the blade and a frame. I will fab my own bracket to fit the tractor. Also i am trying to decide to use a chain or use the float control.

/ 3320 john deere snow plow help #5  
i will get some pictures soon, it is a 8ft western plow blade with single acting cylinders. It came off a truck I it just the blade and a frame. I will fab my own bracket to fit the tractor. Also i am trying to decide to use a chain or use the float control.

The SA angle cylinders on that plow will work just fine, but you will still need a DA lift cylinder so you can get some downpressure. A 2x8 or 2x10 3000PSI rated will be fine. The float control on the loader valve will work great-no need for a chain type setup.

do i have to use a SA cylinders or can i use just regular hydraulic cylinder instead. the reason i am asking is because a SA cylinder is $80 and would have to have two. Where i could get on regular cylinder for the same price. Would there be any problems with this.

/ 3320 john deere snow plow help #7  
do i have to use a SA cylinders or can i use just regular hydraulic cylinder instead. the reason i am asking is because a SA cylinder is $80 and would have to have two. Where i could get on regular cylinder for the same price. Would there be any problems with this.

For the angle or the lift?

I am using a regular for the lift. I was talking about the angle on a western blade

/ 3320 john deere snow plow help #9  
I am using a regular for the lift. I was talking about the angle on a western blade

You can use a double but it may take some modifications. If that is the case it mat be easier to just use 2 SA.

what kind of modifications couldn't i use the same location of the one of the SA cylinders.