Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    09 farmall 45w/ 350 loader 08 cat 420e w/cab john deere 110 Inter dump truck w/plows 06 Arctic cat Prowler

Default 3320 john deere snow plow help

I have a 3320 and i just pick up a snow plow. I don't want to hook it up to the fel because of the problems it can cause. I saw a couple of guy mount it the front and used the loader outputs to control it. My questions are what size cylinders do i need, and what is the psi. Where do i get the quick couplers to hook up to the fel couplers. Also, were is a good place to get my part at a good price

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Many JD

Default Re: 3320 john deere snow plow help

I put a 7' myers plow on my 3320 loader and it has worked fine but you guys have real snows up there. I mounted mine to my fork lift frame and used the hydraulics for my 4 in 1 to angle the plow.

Dan

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Quote Originally Posted by sparker133 View Post
    I have a 3320 and i just pick up a snow plow. I don't want to hook it up to the fel because of the problems it can cause. I saw a couple of guy mount it the front and used the loader outputs to control it. My questions are what size cylinders do i need, and what is the psi. Where do i get the quick couplers to hook up to the fel couplers. Also, were is a good place to get my part at a good price
    We need more info, and some pictures. What kind of plow is it? If it's a truck plow like a Meyers, or Fisher, then the stock SA (single acting) cylinders that are meant for it will work just fine. Your JD dealer or a local hydraulic shop can get the QD's for you.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    09 farmall 45w/ 350 loader 08 cat 420e w/cab john deere 110 Inter dump truck w/plows 06 Arctic cat Prowler

i will get some pictures soon, it is a 8ft western plow blade with single acting cylinders. It came off a truck I it just the blade and a frame. I will fab my own bracket to fit the tractor. Also i am trying to decide to use a chain or use the float control.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

i will get some pictures soon, it is a 8ft western plow blade with single acting cylinders. It came off a truck I it just the blade and a frame. I will fab my own bracket to fit the tractor. Also i am trying to decide to use a chain or use the float control.
    The SA angle cylinders on that plow will work just fine, but you will still need a DA lift cylinder so you can get some downpressure. A 2x8 or 2x10 3000PSI rated will be fine. The float control on the loader valve will work great-no need for a chain type setup.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Bronze Member
    Tractor

do i have to use a SA cylinders or can i use just regular hydraulic cylinder instead. the reason i am asking is because a SA cylinder is $80 and would have to have two. Where i could get on regular cylinder for the same price. Would there be any problems with this.

do i have to use a SA cylinders or can i use just regular hydraulic cylinder instead. the reason i am asking is because a SA cylinder is $80 and would have to have two. Where i could get on regular cylinder for the same price. Would there be any problems with this.
    For the angle or the lift?
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." George Patton

Bronze Member
    Tractor

I am using a regular for the lift. I was talking about the angle on a western blade

I am using a regular for the lift. I was talking about the angle on a western blade
    You can use a double but it may take some modifications. If that is the case it mat be easier to just use 2 SA.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." George Patton

Bronze Member
    Tractor

what kind of modifications couldn't i use the same location of the one of the SA cylinders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast