Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Got a new tractor

/ Got a new tractor #1  

Jnasystems

Silver Member
Tractor
1986 Ford/NH 1520, 1950 Allis Chalmers WD, 2001 NH EC35 (track hoe)
Hello all. I have been reading this forum for some time and figured it was time to post something. Mainly because I just purchased my dream tractor. It is the 1950 Allis Chalmers WD pictured here. It will be used to work about 3 to 4 acres where we will plant pumpkins and sweet corn and she may participate in a parade or two.

Attachments

• image-2790131322.jpg
    image-2790131322.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 467
   / Got a new tractor #2  
Good looking tractor! I spent more than a few hours on a WD45 and a G when I was growing up. My mechanical skills are mediocre at best -- were they better I would try to track down a WD45 and a G to enjoy a second childhood.

Does your WD have the original AC hitch? If so, do you have any attachments?

Steve

Last edited:
   / Got a new tractor #3  
If my memory serves me right the WD 45 is what I used as a young teen. We'd use it to rake hay and grind feed. Does yours have a hand clutch? Or a cathead to run a belt to operate belt driven implements?:thumbsup:

Edit: upon closer look I think I answered both my questions. It appears to have both.

Thanks for sharing.

/ Got a new tractor #5  
Congradulations!
What did that beauty set you back?

/ Got a new tractor #7  
I love the old stuff. Not too many things in life last as long and work as hard as tractors do. They deserve a good home! Congrats!

/ Got a new tractor #8  
I had a 57 with a wide front, wish I had kept it. That hand clutch is a real nice feature.

Joe H

/ Got a new tractor
It does have the Allis quick hitch and yes, it came with a 3 bottom plow and some sort of 3pt adapter ( home grown?) with a rear blade. It also came with a Kelly loader - I took it off after trying to dig into a pile of dirt. My BX does so much better than the Kelly did it was ridiculous. For all the above and the hardware for a drawbar and wide front end I paid $1500. I felt it was a pretty good deal, but you guys probably know better what kind of deal it is. The tractor does run great and starts immediately. I have been driving it around all day getting used to it. It's a lot different than my Kubota!!!

/ Got a new tractor #10  
It does have the Allis quick hitch and yes, it came with a 3 bottom plow and some sort of 3pt adapter ( home grown?) with a rear blade. It also came with a Kelly loader - I took it off after trying to dig into a pile of dirt. My BX does so much better than the Kelly did it was ridiculous. For all the above and the hardware for a drawbar and wide front end I paid $1500. I felt it was a pretty good deal, but you guys probably know better what kind of deal it is. The tractor does run great and starts immediately. I have been driving it around all day getting used to it. It's a lot different than my Kubota!!!

You paid way too much!!! But you look like a nice guy and purely out of the goodness of my heart, I'll give you $1500 for the tractor and attachments.:)

Steve