Snow Attachments Snow plow that attaches to the loader

/ Snow plow that attaches to the loader #1  

SARG

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH T1030- NH T1530 - 49G Brockway
I'm seriously thinking about getting one of the 5 ft. snow plows that attaches directly to the 4 ft. loader on my little scut New Holland T1030. The place below has them for $900. plus freight from Pa.

That price seems a little high to me. Has anyone else got experience with these plows ?

My usage with the FEL last year wasn't good. My lack of expertise and the heavy snow we experienced really chewed up my new asphalt driveway.

Are the snow plows worth it ? Anyone know a better source ?

Snow plow attachment for front end loader

/ Snow plow that attaches to the loader #2  
Well that one doesnt have any trip springs, so if you hit something solid.. look out! take a look at these.. I dont have one, wish I did, But I think this is what I would buy, if I went that route. Everyone that has dealt with them, say a solid reliable company. check it out.
James K0UA
BXpanded

/ Snow plow that attaches to the loader #3  
I built one for my small loader years ago and had terrible luck with it, Mine however was a QA setup that replaced the bucket. They stick out to far, and you loose steering ability whenever a load is in front of the blade because of where the hinge point of the loader is. It's like this: The plow meets resistance but the rear wheels keep driving forward...the first thing that happens is the front wheels come off the ground. Try it for yourself, go drive into a dirt pile-what happens to the front wheels?

The lack of trip springs is a concern also on that model you linked, plus I'd bet you'd bend up the floor of the bucket with that.

/ Snow plow that attaches to the loader #4  
As k0ua pointed out not much give if hitting some solid..loader take shock.

Not sure I like the solid setup,which mean more joy stick operation instead of letting the plow float on pin type setup.

/ Snow plow that attaches to the loader #5  
That's a pretty nice snow blower you've got behind that tractor...so why would you want a plow too?

Anyway, although I'd like a plow too (no snow blower here), with a 150' drive, it's probably not worth the money (unless I find a decent one on Craigslist).

So, now it's down to technique with the loader and bucket. Obviously you need to work on your technique since you admit you didn't do too well last year. You'll need to keep that bucket slightly curled back so the cutting edge is a half-inch or a little more above your asphalt (which is about the same height skid shoes would keep a blade or plow). That's how you'll use it for the majority of the snow removal.
Once you get most of the snow moved, then with you bucket slightly down and in float, start working to the asphalt surface.

The loader/bucket is going to take a bit longer...but we love seat time, right?

But if you're bound and determined to get a plow, get one with trip springs...and learn to use your tractor's split brakes.

BTW, it's a lot easier if you get out there fairly early...with the little NH, I wouldn't wait after 6" of accumulation...especially if it's wet, heavy snow.

/ Snow plow that attaches to the loader
Perhaps because the first year with the meteor blower was a "Monster" and I spent a bunch of time using the FEL because the 40" of wet snow was just plain miserable on the blower and its' shearbolt............ I'm seeking a better answer.

Even when taking a much smaller bite there where times that you had to move full drifts etc that were indeed tough. The 51" blower only had a 6mm shearbolt ..that I drilled out to .250 so I could use standard 1/4-20 #5s..... so I guess with a bolt that small I should expect it to "pop" occasionally .... at least it protects the rest of the drive.

Hopefully this year will be a bit more "normal" and the blower will handle the bulk of the job.

And I found out that the website I posted is apparently off the air & out of business. Their email doesn't work and both phone numbers are out of service ........... Maybe that's a sign the concept isn't a good one.

/ Snow plow that attaches to the loader #7  
Perhaps because the first year with the meteor blower was a "Monster" and I spent a bunch of time using the FEL because the 40" of wet snow was just plain miserable on the blower and its' shearbolt............ I'm seeking a better answer.

When it comes to 40" of snow, there is no good answer. With a plow and that smaller tractor, I doubt you'd get more then 5-10 feet before losing traction. Which is why you need to get out early...
Even with that nice snow blower, 40" is probably 1.5 to 2 times the height of the auger...it would be tough going, no matter what.

Both using the blower and the front end loader efficiently will take practice. Don't expect to be an expert from day one. Just try not to freeze while you're practicing!!! And, don't wait until you get 40 inches of snow before you get out there!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Snow plow that attaches to the loader
And, don't wait until you get 40 inches of snow before you get out there!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I don't have to get out & go to work at a given time ..... The days of fighting snow at midnight are all over. :D When the snow stops .... I'll start ....... as long as it's in the daylight.

/ Snow plow that attaches to the loader #9  
I've got a bigger tractor but I have a 6 1/2 foot fisher plow off an old jeep, works real well. I would look on craigs list for an ATV plow, may be able to find one cheap, and they are about the size you need.

/ Snow plow that attaches to the loader #10  
I've got a bigger tractor but I have a 6 1/2 foot fisher plow off an old jeep, works real well. I would look on craigs list for an ATV plow, may be able to find one cheap, and they are about the size you need.

Hi Tessiers im looking to set up a plow onto my tractor. Im curious does the plow you got have hydraulic rams for changing its angle? If so how did you connect it to your hydraulic system and what did you use for a control valve?

Thanks

Phil