Snow Attachments Snow Blower Fan/Impeller Clearance Adjustment

/ Snow Blower Fan/Impeller Clearance Adjustment #1  

doxford jim

Veteran Member
Tractor
1959 MF-65 sold, 2007 Jinma 554 diesel.
Hi Guys,

I am looking at repairing my worn blower fan/impeller clearances (74" Allied Farm King TPH rear mounted blower). The clearance I have between the fan and the casing is around 5/8" - far too much in my opinion. I am looking at putting replaceable tips on the fan - either metal (1/8" flat bar) or white cutting board plastic (3/8" thick) - bolted on of course..

Have any of you used the white plasic used in domestic cutting boards? If you have, how did it stand up to the job - wear quickly? distort at all?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Footnote - I have wasted the summer and fall procrastinating, working on other things and now it has snowed, have just thought of what I gotta do - dumb eh!:ashamed::ashamed:

Thanks

Jim:ashamed:

/ Snow Blower Fan/Impeller Clearance Adjustment #2  
Buy a pair of clarences impeller kits for your snow blower and you will have no problems. type clarences impeller kit in the search box here and you can order them from Clarence small engine.

/ Snow Blower Fan/Impeller Clearance Adjustment #3  
Buy a pair of clarences impeller kits for your snow blower and you will have no problems. type clarences impeller kit in the search box here and you can order them from Clarence small engine.

Thanks for your advice, I will buy a pair. :)