Snow Attachments SNOW REMOVAL HELP

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #1  

chrispratt11

Tractor
John Deere 4310
Hello,

I have a JD 4310 and plan on plowing my own driveway for the first time this year. My driveway is a steep 300 - 400 yards, I live in New England so we get a fare amount of snow. I'm not sure if I should be thinking snowblower or front blade and or if I need chains. I was offered a used AF12 for $1,500. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #2  
What state you in? Are you in open country or heavily forested? How was the driveway cleared in previous yrs?
Your 4310 a 32hp? Do you have a cab?

chains? probably on rears would be more than enough. my 1st preference is a snowblower.

BTW, already cleared the driveway once this year.

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP
I live in New Hampshire. Pretty open but not open country. Driveway was plowed years past but prices are up to $80.00 each plow

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP
Also have a gravel driveway. Worried about throwing pins with the snowblower. Does that happen a lot. I can't seem to find prices for a snowblower vs bade

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #5  
i like the idea of a blade and a blower. i've got a rear mount blower and plan on putting a blade on frt for small storms(4 to 6 inches). Windrow snow into middle of driveway and snow blow in one pass. Or maybe a frt mount blower w/ a rear blade? Use the rear blade for cleaning up close to buildings and garage doors?
Many ways to go, but i think a set of rear chains is a must.

Are your rear tires loaded? All this stuff can add up to some serious $$$'s. But, it could be worth it.

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #6  
My gravel drive is 650ft. go light the 1st pass or two and freeze down. Been blowing for yrs, have only sheared a few pins and those were from ice hard banks and getting too aggresive.

more will chime in. i have to get up at 2am. Wiil check thread tomorrow.

Good Luck.

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP
Yeah, tell me about it. Def. getting chains. Tires are not loaded. Some guy is selling his AF12 blade for $1500 but I can't tell if thats a good deal. I was trying to get set up for 2K possible?

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #8  
That's a pretty long driveway - I would consider a blower. You can do it with a blade but a blower will be much faster/easier and will eliminate some of the traction issues.

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP
Really, I thought a front plow would be the fastest and most popular but that does not seem the case?

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #10  
How much snow do you generally get at a time? I have a 1010 JD with a blade, tire chains and a Kubota L2250 with a bucket, filled tires and chains, I do most of my plowing with a Suzuki 500 4 wheeler, no chains. My drive is .2 mile long, gravel and if I don't let the snow get over 12 inches before plowing, I can plow as fast as I wish with the 4 wheeler. I'm in Western Maryland, last year one snow was over 30 inches.