Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snow plowing

/ Snow plowing #1  

tlj87

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4700, Kubota BX2370-1, Kubota RTV1140CPX, Kubota F3060, Club Car Precedent
Received a foot of snow last night in NW PA. Plowed the roadways at camp before leaving to go back to Pittsburgh for the week. The tractor is a '66 IH Cub Lo-Boy.

YouTube - Snow Plowing

/ Snow plowing #2  
Received a foot of snow last night in NW PA. Plowed the roadways at camp before leaving to go back to Pittsburgh for the week. The tractor is a '66 IH Cub Lo-Boy.

YouTube - Snow Plowing

I feel humbled. Even with my 4WD, weights, HST, etc. I think this Cub would give a run for my money.

/ Snow plowing #3  
Very cool!!!!!!

I'm surprised how well that little tractor did in that depth of snow...especially a 2WD machine. Those double ring chains must really do the job!! (which is quite comforting to us who bought chains after last February's blizzard!!)

/ Snow plowing #4  
Great video.

Helps a lot to have the weight those older tractors had, plus having the narrow tires topped off with good snow chains.

After having the 7' western plow blade with the hyd. angle, it is just a little bit frustrating to watch the smaller plow :) . But also would like to toss my wing plow over to you to add to your enjoyment. :D

/ Snow plowing #5  
Good looking IH...
I have a Cub F model about 6 years older than yours... fun little tractors, (but ALL tractor)... I have plowed a lot of snow with it, before my Kubota, sounds like you are running in 2nd gear... KennyV

/ Snow plowing #6  
Thanks for sharing,but it was only 3mins long. :( ;)

You have nice looking cub set,and by the looks its your pride and joy.

/ Snow plowing #7  
I'm impressed how well that thing turns.

Wedge

/ Snow plowing
Thanks!
I am the second owner of the tractor, but it is on the original property (I got it all). Since 2008, I replaced the rear tires (originally had turfs), replaced clutch, rebuilt hydraulic block and pump and replaced the idler pulleys for the 5' belly mower. About 15 years ago the engine was overhauled and it was painted.

That snow was pretty light, so it powered through with relative ease. Amazing for only 11 hp. Front wheel weights would help some with steering. Rear weights and chains make all the difference. Tried it once without and got nowhere.

The majority of the plowing was done in 3rd gear, except the uphill near the big cabin, which I used 2nd gear for.

/ Snow plowing #9  
Pretty cool..... (I watched it 3 times.....)

/ Snow plowing #10  
tlj87

Sent you a PM

jw5875