Snow Equipment Owning/Operating beavers have cut down 4 trees this year

/ beavers have cut down 4 trees this year #1  

lduren

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case IH Farmall 55A
The beavers on my farm have cut down 4 trees so far. They are about 12 - 15 inches in diameter. Could this be that they know that there will be a cold winter this year and they are preparing for it?

/ beavers have cut down 4 trees this year #2  
My experience with beavers is that they will attack the small diameters before they go after the bigger diameters. So I stopped mowing an area below the dam,the little trees returned,and my larger beautiful trees were spared from more carnage by the beavers

/ beavers have cut down 4 trees this year #3  
wrap light gauge sheetmetal around the base of the trees and they can't gnaw through it.

/ beavers have cut down 4 trees this year #4  
Shoot, Shovel, Shut up.

:) No beaver problems here.

/ beavers have cut down 4 trees this year
Carykong, before they did this they took down about 10 or so pear trees that had just been planted, and were 2 inches in diameter or so. it looked like they toook them down wiht one bite and a rip.

Sumpter, That is interesting. just a few small nails should do it.

Shoot, Shovel, Shut up.

That is funny.

We were trying to shoot them wiht the 17 but could not find them swimming when we were ready. however in broad daylight, one swam right in the pond in front of the house, while company was there. could not shoot htem then. It would have been an easy shot I think.

/ beavers have cut down 4 trees this year #8  
Shoot, Shovel, Shut up.

Yup, **** natures creatures messing with mans perfect world, break out the guns. Sad thing is I have plenty of weapons, and an animal would be the last thing I shoot these days.

/ beavers have cut down 4 trees this year #9  
Yup, **** natures creatures messing with mans perfect world, break out the guns. Sad thing is I have plenty of weapons, and an animal would be the last thing I shoot these days.

I hear ya on that one:laughing: