Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum!

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #21  
For those of us in heavy snow country this should be a welcome forum. This year we have had snow numbers that go back almost 20 years to equal.
I run a PowerTrac 425 with a 60 inch snow blade off the front. I use turf tires and have no
problem moving 8 inches of wet heavy snow.
I did cut up a horse mat and bolt on the lip of the snow blade. I cut 12 inches of mat and this has held up for the past 5 years. Should go another 5 years. it protrudes 3 inches below the blade.
PJ

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #22  
I have a drive that is 175 feet long and varies from 32 feet wide to 12 feet wide as is winds its way from my garage to the street. (I am in the city limits) I put an 18 inch wide "sidewalk" in each side, then filled the center with #10 "dress" white rock, well compacted.
If the snow blade goes to deep, I have to move my white rock back in the spring.

So, on the back side of the blade I put two 6 inch diameter castor wheels where the small pads were located on the blade, and adjusted every thing so the blade never gets closer than 1 inch to the rocks. This is the first winter I have used it and am well pleased with how it worked.
Van

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #23  
Could be but I wonder if the b7800 could handle a bigger blower.
Thanks.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #25  
This set up will dig into my frozen gravel driveway and peel unfrozen sod (my yard) like a 'nanner peel. After a couple of years with no traction in snow this is a welcome problem.

Attachments

• DSCF1416.JPG
    DSCF1416.JPG
    456.3 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCF1417.JPG
    DSCF1417.JPG
    463.1 KB · Views: 277
   / Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #26  
I maintain half a mile of what is supposed to be a gravel driveway. I have been using my Branson 4720 with a box blade and FEL along with my Arctic Cat ATV with a warn snow plow. This year I bought a used F250 with an eight foot Meyer Plow. I stay warm and dry and the tractor stays in the barn.

:thumbsup:

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #27  
Maybe we could replace this forum in the spring with 1 that helps people get all the stone that you haved pushed on your grass from removing snow back onto your driveway.:laughing::laughing:

Ha, my wife always complains about rocks from the driveway being in her flower beds.

On another snowy note, the local TV station website had a slide show named "Did It Used To Snow More?". I would have guessed yes but attached is the graphic of the last few decades for NH.

Attachments

• snow.JPG
    snow.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 198
   / Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #28  
I think this will be a popular forum, thanks for adding it! I look forward to reading about everyone's tricks of the trade.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #29  
I am looking at buying a skidsteer to replace the tractor w/FEL and was
told to get a tracsteer for snow removal. Can anyone give me input on
tracks vs wheels in the snow?

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #30  
I have only turf tires and I have had no problem so far with the snow. Mind you I am not getting the snow that alot of you guys are getting.