Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum!

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #31  
I'm glad to see this forum added. Snow removal is one of my favorite tasks. I enjoy doing it, and reading about it...as well as vids of CUTs moving snow.

So, THANKS!

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #32  
I'm glad to see this forum added. Snow removal is one of my favorite tasks. I enjoy doing it, and reading about it...as well as vids of CUTs moving snow.

So, THANKS!

Just wondering if you have given your tire chains a good try this year. And, if so, how well you like them. BTW playing in the snow is my favorite also.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #33  
Just wondering if you have given your tire chains a good try this year. And, if so, how well you like them. BTW playing in the snow is my favorite also.

Hi Whistlepig!

Yes, I have had a chance to use the chains. We got about 5" of fairly powdery snow last week. This isn't really enough to give the chains a good work out, but the two areas I would normally see slippage (end of the drive and on the road in front of my drive (which hadn't been plowed by the county yet)) resulted in no slippage whatsoever.
I could probably do the work in 2WD, but I'd have to use the steering brakes. All in all, the chains are a big help and worth the purchase (and the work involved in putting them on the tractor). I'm hoping we get a heavier snow (15" or so) so I can give this tractor and chains a good work out.

Couple of pics attached...sorry, no action pics. These were taken at 0500 and my wife doesn't get up that early (let alone drag her butt outside to take pictures!).

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 244
   / Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #34  
I vote to leave it up as well. Just in case we have some members from down under who read this.

Whistlepig - What kind of chains are those and where did you purchase them.

Wedge

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #35  
I vote to leave it up as well. Just in case we have some members from down under who read this.

Wedge

Yeah! That'll be fun.. they're all at the beach today.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #36  
jake98 said:
Yeah! That'll be fun.. they're all at the beach today.

Yeah yeah.. Go ahead rub it in!

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #37  
I would also like to see the snow removal forum stay where it is now all year round. It's a great addition:thumbsup:

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #39  
I would also like it to stay up. Summer is the time I do most of modifications to snow equipment.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #40  
I would be nice if this thread could stay at the top of the list.

Wedge