Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum!

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #51  
I found a new way to shred. Ran over the newspaper with the blower. Big paper
As soon as it jammed the blower paddles the shear pin went in the drive shaft.
Sounded like a .45 going off. 1/4 bolt was quick to replace and back to blowing. Snow coming tomorrow Again.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #52  
Thought I'd help ya'll out. I got tired of paying someone to plow the snow from my 3/4 mile road. So I bought a tractor . Yes, you guessed it. It did not snow any more this winter. No thanks needed.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #53  
I am looking at buying a skidsteer to replace the tractor w/FEL and was
told to get a tracsteer for snow removal. Can anyone give me input on
tracks vs wheels in the snow?
Oh yeah. You definitely want tires. Tracks just spin. My brother-in-law has a Bobcat T-250 and it sucks in the snow.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #54  
I have been reading this thread since it started. I am happy when moving snow but todays record early snowstorm leaves me complaining that it's too **** early for this!

Looks like we got 6 inches of snow overnight. Our trees have shed the leaves so we didn't loose power but I read thousands have in NH.
I haven't mounted my plow on loader arms yet because our snowmobile club is going to repair a Irene damaged bridge next weekend and need the bucket.

I will make do with the bucket just making a path to get in and out. We are slated for temps near 50 this week and the ground is still soft. Real easy to create extra work for next spring by tearing up the lawn!

Be safe!

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #55  
I'm glad to see this forum added. Snow removal is one of my favorite tasks. I enjoy doing it, and reading about it...as well as vids of CUTs moving snow.

So, THANKS!

You don't remove it, you displace it to another location. Mother Nature removes it with ambient above freezing.

I look at snow as a time when the ground rests to provide another season of crops.

It's not one of my favorite tasks. Sitting in front of the fire and reading a good book is.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #56  
You don't remove it, you displace it to another location. Mother Nature removes it with ambient above freezing.

I look at snow as a time when the ground rests to provide another season of crops.

It's not one of my favorite tasks. Sitting in front of the fire and reading a good book is.

Definition of "Remove":
reï-move/riˈmo͞ov/
Verb:Take away (something unwanted or unnecessary) from the position it occupies.
Noun:A degree of remoteness or separation: "at this remove, the incident seems insane".
Synonyms:verb. eliminate - take away - take off - displace - dismiss
noun. step

Definition of "Removal:
re·mov·al/riˈmo͞ovəl/
Noun:
  • The action of removing someone or something, in particular.
  • The taking away of something unwanted
As I was using it as a noun, it applies...

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #57  
Definition of "Remove":
reï-move/riˈmo͞ov/
Verb:Take away (something unwanted or unnecessary) from the position it occupies.
Noun:A degree of remoteness or separation: "at this remove, the incident seems insane".
Synonyms:verb. eliminate - take away - take off - displace - dismiss
noun. step

Definition of "Removal:
re·mov·al/riˈmo͞ovəl/
Noun:
  • The action of removing someone or something, in particular.
  • The taking away of something unwanted
As I was using it as a noun, it applies...

Noun smoun.

Don't apply here.

Maybe unwanted for you. Not here. I look forward to heavy snow. Insulates the barn, keeps me inside and causes me to enjoy a good book.

At least if I do have to go out and displace it, I'm not freezing my butt off on an open station tractor. I have heat, am/fm/cd and a comfortable seat. Think I'll keep a pair of slippers in the tractor so if I do have to go out, my feet will be comfortable.:laughing:

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #58  
Noun smoun.

Don't apply here.

Maybe unwanted for you. Not here. I look forward to heavy snow. Insulates the barn, keeps me inside and causes me to enjoy a good book.

At least if I do have to go out and displace it, I'm not freezing my butt off on an open station tractor. I have heat, am/fm/cd and a comfortable seat. Think I'll keep a pair of slippers in the tractor so if I do have to go out, my feet will be comfortable.:laughing:

Whatever you think, Bro...

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #59  
I used the FEL on my Massey last weekend to remove the snow from my paved driveway.

I moved it to the fenceline and dumped it in a pile.

Then Mother Nature took care of the rest.

The worst part was............I didn't enjoy it one bit. Maybe because it hit so early in the year..........:confused3:

P.S. Muhammad, thank you for creating this forum. And thank you for leaving it on top. I've checked this forum almost weekly since it was created.

Last edited:
   / Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #60  
The one thing i really like about winter ....having snow in the horse corrals. Instead of me having to drive around and shovel the horse poo, i simply blow it over the fence with the blower. i love winter :laughing: