Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum!

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #61  
Has anyone had any luck with the rubber chains on a lawn tractor listed on rubbertirechains.com? I don't see a winter tire listed for John Deere like you would see on a walk behind snowblower?

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #63  
It's very nice addition. It could be interesting... Thanks for sharing..

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #64  
Interestingly, 'snow removal' for me here on the farm this year has been courtesy of the sun....

I don't forsee even mounting the blower this year. Only 10 weeks of cold weather left.

I love it.:thumbsup:

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #65  
Interestingly, 'snow removal' for me here on the farm this year has been courtesy of the sun....

I don't forsee even mounting the blower this year. Only 10 weeks of cold weather left.

I love it.:thumbsup:

We'll see...some of the worse storms we've ever got were late in the season (February and March). The last major storm we had was February, 2010...back to back 15" accumulations.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #66  
It's the same in the north half of Michigan's LP. Around Gaylord, there "might" be 5" on the ground. Last year this time (a light snow year) we had well over 20" around here. I put the plow on the truck before Christmas, took it off just after New Year's Day, have it pushed over to the side in the garage, but have only had to use the snowblower 2 times, not worth it to even drag the plow back around and hook it up. Yesterday, we lost all the snow in the back yard, the concrete garage apron is clear and no snow on the pole barn roof or on the house. I'm not complaining, but as for how snow goes this year, all the snowmobile industry, from motels to repair shops are hurting!!! My concern is the spring thaw and the lack of ground water. I think we're in for a dry spring unless something changes pretty soon.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #67  
Yes even here in upstate N.Y. @ the foot of the Adirondacks we just have not had any serious snow this season. The local ski centers are crying and snow machines are sitting on trailers un-used. Crazy weather in the Northeast, hum, go figure.
DevilDog

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #68  
We don't need no stink'in snow removal forum 'cause there ain't no snow.....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #69  
I am new to site and I am glad to see this new forum. I recently purchased a B7800 w/ 402 loader and BH75 hoe. I have a airly hilly driveway that feeds down from the road to the house. The tractor is equiped with the quick detachable bucket and I have seen the front blade and front mount blowers vs. the rear mount blades that I have used. The driveway is gravel and about 250 yards. Any suggestions would be apprechiated. I am already planning on getting a set of chains. Also I was reading a post that was talking about alt. issues with the B7800 and the headlights being next to useless, Is this with all year models of the B7800, I have a 2008 will I need to look at the Alt upgrade kit that everyone talks about. I also thought about mounting some aditional lights on the ROPS that I could rotate and use for the hoe and for front work.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #70  
Major storm in New Brunswick today. I am waiting for the wind to die down before taking out my LS7010 to clean up. The back tires are loaded with Agrim 50 and studs in the front. The studs help with steering on the ice. I was going to put the studs on the back tires but I thought I would try them on the front first. I don't know anyone else in my area using studs but I thought I would give them a try. The ones I purchased are Maxigrip.

View attachment 295320View attachment 295321