MF 2340 Blade

/ MF 2340 Blade #1  

wrangler6831

Silver Member
Tractor
2- 65 M-F, 6245 Zetor /loader, GC2600 M-F /loader, BX24 Loader/BH
Also posted on the Massey O/O forum. But figured I'd try here also.

Does any one have one? I'm curious if its worth the money. Dealer priced it, the mount and hyd angle option for around $2000.00. He also priced a blade that can replace the bucket (pin-on) for about $2500.00. The only advatage of that would be you could pile the snow higher, which is not really a problem for me as I can plow the snow over the edge of my driveway. Also will be used for light dirt work leveling the yard. Pics would be great if anyone has one, even the light duty pic would be OK.

Rich

/ MF 2340 Blade #2  
First off let me say, you are getting a VERY good price on that blade!
I would jump on this quicker than...........
I only stock the 60"HD and it is a very well built blade.
I have a picture of the blade which we mounted on a Mahindra for a customer...
10-20-08 104.jpg

10-20-08 105.jpg

10-20-08 106.jpg

/ MF 2340 Blade
Thanks Rick, thats exactly what I wanted. As far as price what does it normally sell for? The dealer is NEW at Ferguson (formally JD) and I don't want to rip him off or cause hard feelings. We have (our family) delt with him for the past 45 yrs.

/ MF 2340 Blade #4  
I have what I think is probably a MF 60" power angle blade on my Honda 6522. As long as the snow does not get too deep or too wet it is capable of doing a good job. When angled the effective length is less than 60" so with deep snow the swath gets narrower.

There are probably better tools for dirt / gravel work, but it can be quite effective for that as well.

One problem with this particular arrangement of front blade is the QA can ride up on the snow and leave you stuck. Say you're trying to move a bank of snow, especially previously plowed and can't push it with the blade on the ground - so raise the blade to take off the top of the bank - leaving 6" - 8" still on the ground. The QA will sometimes ride up on that and leave you stuck.

Attachments

• 6522 2.JPG
    6522 2.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 1,335
  • 6522 3.JPG
    6522 3.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,101
  • 6522 1.JPG
    6522 1.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 891
   / MF 2340 Blade #5  
I get close to the same, but prices have went up since my order.

/ MF 2340 Blade #6  
I was looking at the 60 inch blade for my GC2300. After last year I realized I needed a blower. Still looking at a front blade. Did you check out the loader arm mounted blades they have on BXpanded. Much less expensice & easier to mount option

/ MF 2340 Blade
I was looking at the 60 inch blade for my GC2300. After last year I realized I needed a blower. Still looking at a front blade. Did you check out the loader arm mounted blades they have on BXpanded. Much less expensice & easier to mount option

Thanks, I hadn't seen them and that is a pretty good price but due to the building I park in I'd rather just take the loader off and leave it in the shed. and get the tractor and blade in where I can do maintenance and have heat. Dealer said about 2 weeks for delivery so I think I'll stop in and chat with him on Monday.

Rich