OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #11  
I have sold Woods blowers for the past 6 yrs. After receiving the Bobcat blowers this year...they are the only ones I will be stocking.
VERY well built.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #12  
Anybody own a Woods 3 point blower? They are a well known brand for equipment Do they make a quality snowblower?

I own a 6' woods and love it.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #13  
ERSKINE makes bobcat snow blowers. My 60" rear pull weighs 800lbs

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #14  
ERSKINE makes bobcat snow blowers. My 60" rear pull weighs 800lbs

I have the 66" Bobcat rear pusher and it is right around 700lbs. Thanks for the link to Erskine.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #15  
I picked up a 51 inch Blizzard blower last year. I'm very satisfied with it. I think it's well made and at a reasonable price. I had my heat set on a Woods unit, but haven't ben dissapointed

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #16  
Who makes the best 3pt snowblower, 6ft to 7ft? Things have changed since the 80s when I bought a Lucknow. Now I need to think about replaceing it and I am looking for greaseable bearings and somewhat heavy duty for deep snows I have here in the snowbelt area of Michigan.

Simplest way to decide that is to buy the most expensive one you can find. You get what you pay for, will cover you well 99% of the time.

Other than that, the answer to "The Best" is only in the eyes of the beholder based on their bang for their buck. You (the OP) have the best answer for "the most bang for your buck".

IMO :)

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #17  
.........The pull type look very interesting and sure would save my neck from keeping turned around Incidently I plan on useing it on a Ford New Holland 3930 tractor with a factory cab.

Another rugged Canadian product is Normand. As posted above, TBN member ihuntbear has a back up style and dylan uses a New Holland. tractor with a pull-forward. Notice the cool drag blade for getting close. More pics of Dylan's rig here and here and here. This Normand page shows their inverted machines.

Last edited:
   / OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #18  
I can't compare it to other brands, but I have the RAD blower sold with a Kubota sticker on it and have been very happy with it. It works as it should and with a few winters behind it hasn't required anything except lube and an occasional shear bolt.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower
I have decided to go with a RAD blower. Has most of the features I was looking for but I will have to add more outlets and a control for the hyd chute.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #20  
Another brand is Loftness, very rugged. I've had mine for 2 years, and no complaints. Never even broke a shear bolt until last week. I was cleaning out the horse's paddock after we got 26" in the blizzard, and hit a 3" stump. It actually sheared off the stump before it got stuck between the auger and drive sprocket.

Skid steer attachment manufacturer Minnesota, Loftness forestry products MN

Dan