OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #21  
I'd have to say that in my opinion, if money was no object I'd rather have a Pronovost

My opinion is that heavier is better. The blower designs are just about all the same (except for Lorenz, which looks like the best design out there, if you ask me - looks like they could eat a car), so heavier means thicker/stronger materials.

Pronovost is made by Normand (or vice versa). I have a Normand (Econor) which I like. Both brands have very good reputations, but oddly, the Pronovost/Normand blowers are among the lightest in their classes.

JayC

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #22  
I've owned a 7' Lucknow, and a Woods SS52. I live in the snowbelt of WNY, so to blow 2 or 3 feet of snow a few times a year is quite normal. This winter I purchased a New Holland snowblower (CSR 64). I don't know who makes them, but it is built well AND throws the snow better than the two brands previously mentioned..... BY FAR! The Lucknow was built heavier than the Woods, but out of the three, the NH... hands down.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #23  
My opinion is that heavier is better. The blower designs are just about all the same (except for Lorenz, which looks like the best design out there, if you ask me - looks like they could eat a car), so heavier means thicker/stronger materials.

Pronovost is made by Normand (or vice versa). I have a Normand (Econor) which I like. Both brands have very good reputations, but oddly, the Pronovost/Normand blowers are among the lightest in their classes.

JayC

I would have to agree with you on the Lorenz. I got hold of a Model 630 last month and it is a soild machine. I had no problems slicing through the heavy snow we just got in Jersey. :D I want more snow so I can play with it some more:laughing:

Lorenzmfg.com

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #24  
I would have to agree with you on the Lorenz.

Just put a Lorenz 7310 on my John Deere 3320. Built like a tank and the paddle type augers will chew up anything. Couldn't be happier with it's performance.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #25  
Another rugged Canadian product is Normand. As posted above, TBN member ihuntbear has a back up style and dylan uses a New Holland. tractor with a pull-forward. Notice the cool drag blade for getting close. More pics of Dylan's rig here and here and here. This Normand page shows their inverted machines.

I have to agree with you. Normand is known as one of the best HD snowblowers out there. Dylan's rig looks awesome also, thanks for the pics!:thumbsup:

I have a B3030HSDC with an Ecnor 60 blower and a L3540HST with a L2674 Kubota labeled blower made by Rad industries. The L2674 picked up a large stone and it bent the housing opening at the bottom where the fan jamed it against against the side of the opening. The Ecnor has a piece of steel, likely about 1/4" thick welded there to reinforce it, and though I have picked up stones with the Ecnor it hasn't damaged the reinforced opening.

I also hit a concrete curb with the bottom corner of the blower and it bent it in a little. I looked at the Ecnor and it is reinforced on the sides as well.

From these two things I would have to say that I think the Ecnor (Normand) is a better built and designed blower than the L2674 Kubota (Rad).

Very good comparision, this :drink: is on me

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #26  
I sent an email to RAD with a few concerns about my RAD blower but never got a reply back from them. This doesn't increase my confidence in them or their product. If I had it to do over again, or if purchasing another blower (and I likely will be if I continue my snow blowing business) I would try to get another Normand product ahead of the RAD. I bought the RAD made Kubota L2674 blower because the orange paint matched my tractor and I expected it to be of the same quality as my Normand made Ecnor, but was disappointed with it. I have since had it modified to bring it up closer to the Normand quality.

Did you know that you can order a Normand in Kubota Orange? They can be ordered to match any brand equipment colors.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #27  
Normand are nice looking blowers, heavily built, but I still have an issue with driving over snow first to blow it. What happens say if the drifts are 5' or 6' deep? Me personally I would go rear blower and FEL or front blower and back blade.
DevilDog

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #28  
Normand are nice looking blowers, heavily built, but I still have an issue with driving over snow first to blow it. What happens say if the drifts are 5' or 6' deep? Me personally I would go rear blower and FEL or front blower and back blade.
DevilDog

Depends on your needs for sure. The inverted blower is awesome for speed, but you will have limitations with really deep drifts. If deep drifts are a concern you might want to check out the Function+ Plus by Normand that allows the blower to work either as a normal pto blower or as a pull type blower. And they also make a very heavy duty front mount blower for tractors if that is what you prefer.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #29  
Check out a pronovost closely. What beautiful workmanship. Heavy as ****. My P800TRC is 1200+lbs and built like a German warship. The Pumas are lighter versions of the industrial and commercial Pronovosts which are meant to take a beating. If you have the cash look into the rotating drums like the TRC. Heavy wet snow is no problem as you avoid the clogging chute issue.
Honestly I think it comes to how much you will use it and how much you are willing to spend

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #30  
Ershkine makes a heavy duty system. I think one of the best on the market........Not cheap but great equipment never is...good luck