OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #1  

cointoss

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L 47, Kubota B 3200, Kubota M6040, John Deere 5200
Who makes the best 3pt snowblower, 6ft to 7ft? Things have changed since the 80s when I bought a Lucknow. Now I need to think about replaceing it and I am looking for greaseable bearings and somewhat heavy duty for deep snows I have here in the snowbelt area of Michigan.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #2  
Got to go beyond than decals and labels.

A ton of these are produced by the same company for the OEMs. I believe one Canadian outfit does a bunch of them, for example.

Not a snow blower guy, I'm a pusher, so no expertise. Just dig a little deeper than the surface, that's all I am saying.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #3  
There is no simple answer - several brands are well-made but which one is best depends on your preferences (backup, draw forward, front mount with rear drive). If you've worn out a Lucknow, you might want to look at something heavy like Erskine or Pronovost. Which tractor are you planning to put it on?

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower
I plan on useing it as a rear mount and back up blower. The pull type look very interesting and sure would save my neck from keeping turned around but I want to continue with a rear 3 pt back up blower. Incidently I plan on useing it on a Ford New Holland 3930 tractor with a factory cab.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #5  
I have a small Pronovost and I'm very happy with it. I don't think I've read a negative comment about Pronovost.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #6  
RAD Technologies makes the snowblowers for most of the OEM's. They are supposed to be really good machines in their own right. Pronovost is also supposed to be at the top of the heap and frankly after looking around their website at some of their top end models, I'd have to say that in my opinion, if money was no object I'd rather have a Pronovost than any other snowblower. The RAD units would be a close second, and an Erskine would be a close third.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #7  
i use a 78 " norman made in Quebec canada.Good blower no complaints

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #8  
I don't know who makes the blowers for Bobcat, but they are really well built units. Dealer said they were coming from somewhere in the Southern US.

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #9  
Anybody own a Woods 3 point blower? They are a well known brand for equipment Do they make a quality snowblower?

/ OK It is 2011, Who Makes the Best 3 PT Snowblower #10  
I use a BerVac 64" older model on my property and with a 2.5 mile driveway and over 22ft. of snow last year my blower REAllY earns its keep for sure.
My closest neighbor 3 miles away, is a widow and I help her out alot and she has a 73" Allied blower that also works well. I have put many hours on that blower with a hiccup also.

But at work we have a 8ft. dual auger Pronovost. it is quite expensive, but being a Gov't job money is no issue...lol. And if money is no issue when looking for a blower I would have to say they don't make them much better or onger ( or expensive) as The Pronovost.