Hi.
I have been looking for skid shoes or something to help with scalping my grass
and digging up the drive.

Googled all with no results only can find Post and Mushroom design for truck
plows.

All help will be helpful

Scott

/ In need of skid shoes for back blade #2  
Hi Scott,don't know about the shoes but if you look on p.2 of this forum..Snow Plowing Gravel Driveway-Problem Solved!!!. This might give you some other ideas.I've tried the pvc pipe and it did OK but did'nt hold up for more than 4hrs blading so I'm going to try the mat and see how it does. russ

/ In need of skid shoes for back blade
Thanks for the info Russ I have thought of using some kind of Pipe to roll the snow
(plastic broke who would think) The Mat will make a flap **** Ill try it
Thanks Again

Scott
Still looking for shoes!!!!

/ In need of skid shoes for back blade #4  
Hi.
I have been looking for skid shoes or something to help with scalping my grass
and digging up the drive.

Googled all with no results only can find Post and Mushroom design for truck
plows.

All help will be helpful

Scott

I made this for my back blade back in 1989 and use it all winter here in Western MT. It's made from a 2 inch sched 40 pipe and a 3/8" x 6" steel plate both the the width of the blade in length. I split the pipe lengthwise, put the plate into the pipe (you can't see that because of the snow in the pipe) and welded it full length. I drilled holes to match the blade. In the summer I put the grader blade on and when the snow flies I switch to the "snow edge". The large radius of the pipe doesn't move gravel around but it moves the snow. It's still going strong after 22 years.

Attachments

• IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 639
   / In need of skid shoes for back blade #5  
Scott,

There's a couple threads here about adding shoes to a rear blade. I added cupped round ones (4.5 inch diameter, 3/8 plate) to mine this year and they work well.
I built mine from scratch since I couldn't find any but flat ones here commercially. If you have an Advance Auto parts near you, they sell a shoe virtually identical to mine.

This thread may help you for design.. it took me about 4 hours to cut and weld everything up, height adjustment is with washers or sections of pipe. I think the posts are 1" x 6" rod, the pipe is schedule 160 1.25 pipe.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/190070-rear-blade-skid-shoes.html

Sean