Snow Attachments Snow Bucket

/ Snow Bucket #1  

RPK

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 Cub Cadet 1554
Does any body out there use anything other than their stock loader bucket to move and push snow? I was thinking about some type of snow bucket. I already have a plow truck. I now need to remove all those piles I plowed up. Thanks for any help or ideas

/ Snow Bucket #2  
All I have is a 61" stock bucket, but I'd sure like to find a 73" or even larger for snow removal.
There was a TBNer who added side and bottom pieces (wood, IIRC) to his bucket to make it deeper, rather then wider. His intent was to move more snow per bucket load.
Snow pusher buckets are wider, but they aren't cheap (maybe it's me who's cheap).

/ Snow Bucket #3  
I take my bucket off in November and run my Meyer 7.5' snow plow in its place. It has power angle via the tractors remotes and makes quick work of this.

Chris

/ Snow Bucket #4  
I do the same as Diamondpilot with the plow, for last 2 years but before that I bought the next size up bucket from 61" to 73" also called a light materials bucket.

The bucket is lighter duty but deep and tall for light materials like mulch, shavings etc.
Snow is not always light but the machine handles it and it made a huge difference. Even though I prefer the plow now because it's much faster especialy for lighter snows, I need to put my loader on for a few hours of moving snow out of areas I couldn't push it back any further.

JB.

Attachments

• PC035601.JPG
    PC035601.JPG
    435.8 KB · Views: 164
  • PC035600.JPG
    PC035600.JPG
    437.2 KB · Views: 170
  • PC200046.jpg
    PC200046.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 158