Doing a Good Job or Having a Good Time?

/ Doing a Good Job or Having a Good Time? #11  
Well we'll have to take your word on it, why keep going back and forth, trying to reduce the volume?
If so doesn't look like the best way, be better if he left it spread out along half the wet road for a little while at least, instead of just turning it back and forth. looked like a light snow so I guess they had some extra time to waste compared to if that where a heavier snow fall.

Awesome machine.

JB.

You have to get it away from the curb because a box plow can't trim along a curb.

/ Doing a Good Job or Having a Good Time? #12  
That's how I do it when I'm charging by the hour. Push it in the street...... push it back on the sidewalk. Push it in the street ......... push it back on the sidewalk. :confused2:

/ Doing a Good Job or Having a Good Time? #13  
That's how I do it when I'm charging by the hour. Push it in the street...... push it back on the sidewalk. Push it in the street ......... push it back on the sidewalk. :confused2:

Have any of you guys actually watched the vid? He isn't pushing it onto the sidewalk. :rolleyes:

/ Doing a Good Job or Having a Good Time? #14  
Have any of you guys actually watched the vid? He isn't pushing it onto the sidewalk. :rolleyes:

You're right, after closer inspection he has to keep going back over the walk to get the snow that spilled out the high side of the plow.

Looks like that machine would benifit from more angle of the plow, but I guess it makes up for it with it's speed.

Wonder how the ride is, love to take that thing off road.
We use to see them around here, the city highway depts had them but I have not seen them in a while. Are they still made?

JB.

/ Doing a Good Job or Having a Good Time? #15  

Not me..... I just guessed there was a sidewalk, and a street in the video.

Still looks like a bigger windrow on the right, against the curb, than out in the street (lane, or whatever you want to call it.).

Sorry........ I didn't realize it was you at the helm of the Bombardier. Now I see why you are so offended. :confused2::confused2::confused2:

/ Doing a Good Job or Having a Good Time? #16  
I am not a snow plow guy but I need to ask the burning question that is in me, how come he didn't angle the blade the other way when he plowed?

/ Doing a Good Job or Having a Good Time? #17  

I got dizzy watching, :confused2:. Must be also be a baker, as he does a real good job mixing up the snow, :confused:.
KC :D :D :D

/ Doing a Good Job or Having a Good Time? #18  
That's hardly top notch work. Three passes over the sidewalk to get it cleared? The street is plowed, then needs to be plowed again? Why not plow the sidewalks into the streets first then get rid of all the snow at once?

A decent company with a little sense and a plan could snag that contract anytime, make more money and get the snow cleared quicker.

Not to mention the guy having to drag the wheel chair through the pile of snow.

I vote they're having a good time with their new toy.

/ Doing a Good Job or Having a Good Time? #19  
I am not a snow plow guy but I need to ask the burning question that is in me, how come he didn't angle the blade the other way when he plowed?

He did, it looks like it doesn't angle very far for such a specialized machine, so alot of snow is spilling out the leading edge.

I got dizzy watching, :confused2:. Must be also be a baker, as he does a real good job mixing up the snow, :confused:.
KC :D :D :D

That does help sometimes to reduce the volume, if you have to remove it.

That's hardly top notch work. Three passes over the sidewalk to get it cleared? The street is plowed, then needs to be plowed again? Why not plow the sidewalks into the streets first then get rid of all the snow at once?

The streets have to be cleared first so business can open, if the sidewalks were cleared first they would need to be done again after the street was plowed anyway. I don't know why they couldn't leave that one berm of snow at the gutter after the first trip down the walk though. I guess they don't want a build-up of snow from several storms?

A decent company with a little sense and a plan could snag that contract anytime, make more money and get the snow cleared quicker.

I think that's jumping to conclusions, anyone in that business is gonna try and do it the most efficiently as possible regardless of money. Looks like the guy is in a rythem, even though at first it looks odd, he did clear 300-400 feet of 6ft wide sidewalk in a couple of minutes or so.

JB.

/ Doing a Good Job or Having a Good Time? #20  
He did, it looks like it doesn't angle very far for such a specialized machine, so a lot of snow is spilling out the leading edge.
On his first pass, he has the blade angled to the road, how come he did not angle it the other way?
Why spill it into the street?