Slow snow blower chute return

/ Slow snow blower chute return #1  

bad 1k

Tractor
John Deere 4115, john deere 997
I was out blowing snow this afternoon. The tractor is a John Deere 4115. My Frontier 54 blower was working fine. About 20 minutes into blowing, the chute didn't want to return to fast. Eventually it slowed down to about 2 minutes to get it to swing around.

On the out stroke...fast as can be!....Anybody have any ideas? I've searched the forums and can't seem to find any info.

Could it be freezing up?..i do keep the tractor outside in a tarp barn.

/ Slow snow blower chute return #2  
Tell us more about how it functions and what is moving it.....hydraulics ? cables?

If hyd., are there any flow controls on the lines?

Have you greased the "skids" ?

A pic or two would help.

/ Slow snow blower chute return #3  
Usually hydraulics work better with warm-up, not worse. Long shot possibility might be a hose delaminating inside causing a check valve effect. Can you switch hoses and see if the problem goes with the hose?

/ Slow snow blower chute return
Just went out to check it again...now no movement at all. My rotate is operated by hydraulics from my power beyond. I'll have to get some pics..:thumbsup:

Thanks for the response!

/ Slow snow blower chute return #5  
Does the ram connect to a cable that rotates the chute?
If so check the cable that connects to the vertical chute at the base.
Mine came loss and it would swing fast one way but would take longer to return and when it did it went beyond the usually rotation because of the cable slippage.

/ Slow snow blower chute return #6  
Just went out to check it again...now no movement at all. My rotate is operated by hydraulics from my power beyond. I'll have to get some pics..:thumbsup:

Thanks for the response!

You don't by chance have one of your control levers accidently stuck "on". Could be a the relief is lifting and no pressure to chute control.

/ Slow snow blower chute return
Re-checked everything over, finally dummied up and switched the hydro lines to my spare ports!..:ashamed:

It now works on the other ports.

Must be something in the hydro block, but can't figure out why. It will spin out, but not return. Next time...nothing either way. You can see the hoses, and cylinder flexing when i pull on the lever.