honda vs ariens

/ honda vs ariens
i was looking at the 928 or the 1132.what is your input??

/ honda vs ariens #5  
I have a neighbor who has a 928 and loves it. Dunno anyone with the 1132...... but seen the videos on YouTube, and that is one snow eatin' mutha !

/ honda vs ariens #6  
Not to me but then we have a great Ariens dealer and no good Honda dealer.

I have an Old Ariens 824 and it has been very dependable. Biggest issue with new products is the zero adjustability on the carb. They may run decent for awhile and they may burn a hole in the piston because they are to lean.

Guess it depends on which dealer you think will provide the best service.

Roy

/ honda vs ariens #7  
my brother sold the 28" after one week of ownership. i think the only way to go is the 32. his take was that he needed more cc's and a larger width. he seeemed very impressed with the way it threw the snow but i think he's gonna get the larger ariens next time, which kinda surprised me. i had not had a chance to use it .
steve
bx25

/ honda vs ariens #8  
We have a fleet of Honda HS928TAS where I work (at least a dozen). The facilities guys that use them don't speak highly of them. The Ariens commercial units are quite a bit heavier which helps keep the machine from riding up on top of the snow. A good friend has a simplicity P1728E that he uses to keep about 150' of sidewalk clear from what the town snowplow deposits. That unit has the powerboost feature which is very helpful in the extremely dense, packed snow he has to clear. It has a high hp per inch ratio as well.

I'm not convinced the Honda is worth $1k more. I don't think I would choose it over a Simplicity or Ariens if it was the same price. But that's just me.

/ honda vs ariens #9  
I can only comment on my Airen's Pro. It is awesome. Trouble free going on 5 years. Does its intended purpose dutifully with no problems. I don't know what could make it better for $1k.

/ honda vs ariens #10  
where online? how good of a deal? been thinking for my walkways
steve
bx25