Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Braber Agriease Snow Blower

/ Braber Agriease Snow Blower #1  

cmhyland

Platinum Member
Tractor
2000 Kubota B2910
I just called Northern tool to get the freight charges on the 72 in blower

I'm looking for a unit from 64 to 72 inches...

so the 72 in unit is in the catalog for 1399.00 and freight to CT is 1000.00 and small change
with 4 weeks delivery. That makes the Braber unit 2400 to me and I'm not sure that product is competitive in terms of quality in that price range.

/ Braber Agriease Snow Blower #2  
I just called Northern tool to get the freight charges on the 72 in blower

I'm looking for a unit from 64 to 72 inches...

so the 72 in unit is in the catalog for 1399.00 and freight to CT is 1000.00 and small change
with 4 weeks delivery. That makes the Braber unit 2400 to me and I'm not sure that product is competitive in terms of quality in that price range.

I had been comtemplating that snowblower too. Just a few weeks ago, the shipping calculator showed shipping to CT somewhere around $550. Now they want $1000!:eek: The shipping calculator now says to call for shipping cost :confused: I wonder what gives.

/ Braber Agriease Snow Blower #3  
For that total price you might be better off buying north american made (US and Canadian) blowers.

If I am not mistaken, Braber equipment is Chinese made. A snow blower takes a lot of beating - if only once or twice a week for say two months. When you need it, you really don't want it failing early.

I would try pricing some other brand and see what you can find - you might get a surprise.

I sadly purchased a Jinma snow blower when I bought my tractor. The tractor turned out real good - the Jinma snow blower a piece of junk in comparison to the old 73" Bhuler-Farm King I have now.

Jim

/ Braber Agriease Snow Blower
Doxford Jim,

I agree, The funny part of that blower is that if it cost 1K to get it from MN to CT what did it cost to get it from China to MN? It would seem that the only people making the money on this product are the shippers not Northern Tool...

I looked at the Bulher online and it looks very solid. I can drive to PA or upstate NY and go to a dealer and buy one there... The prices are far under the NT +shipping and I'll get a better product.

Regards.
Chris.