Front Mount Snowblower Impeller rotation cw

/ Front Mount Snowblower Impeller rotation cw #1  

RoyBrooks

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota/B7500,4WD,Hst
I've been thinking of trying to find a cheap front mount snowblower for my Kubota b7500. I have found a blower but when standing in front of the blower looking at it, the discharge chute is on the right side of the impeller, which to me would indicate impeller rotation as CCW .Looking at various front mount blower images it seems like the kubota front blowers have the discharge chute on the left side indicating a CW rotation. Is my theory wrong? Do different manufacturers have mid ptos that run in different directions? I assumed there would be an industry standard for rotation?

/ Front Mount Snowblower Impeller rotation cw #2  
..... I assumed there would be an industry standard for rotation?

If you Google "front pto rotation" you'll see some hits referring to ISO standards for front pto's - 1000 rpm and CW viewed from the front. Compliance is voluntary so "actual results may vary" as they say. Then somebody comes along making pto conversions that allow rear-drive implements to run on the front. Let the games begin. Easy to get confused.

The unit you saw with right-side chute (CCW spin) could be a rear-mount for a Kubota 6000 or could be a front-mount rear-drive like an Erskine. Or some other rig designed for a non-ISO machine.

You'll find that the terms "front-mounted blower" and "cheap" don't often appear together. Take care, Dick B

/ Front Mount Snowblower Impeller rotation cw #3  
I think kubota is the odd one. I know the front pto turns opposite of most others. I know the early kubota blowers were used front or back of tractor. They just had different mounting hardware. By swapping the two sprockets on their shafts they would give the same fan speed from 540 or 2100 rpm. I switched rotation direction on a kubota blower and used it on a deere by adding two idler sprockets and running the chain the opposite way around the fan sprocket.