Blower questions for a kubota l3540

/ Blower questions for a kubota l3540 #11  
I have no doubt 28hp@pto will run a 72" blower. I have 20hp@pto and run a 64" blower. I love the set up.

Some things to think about....Inspect the area to be blown often. Know that the snow coming out of the blower is a powerful stream. If you do choose a plow, you will have bankings which translates to you need a large area to "store" the snow. With a blower the snow is removed and that's that. A blower does a good job of putting the snow where you want it but, you need wide open spaces to blow to. Yes, you can use the method of blowing in front of the blower though it is not my prefered method. You will end up with big piles at the end of the line, much like a plow. The blower will run into banks and remove snow and ice.

For commercial use get a blower that is well built, 4 fan blades that are tight to the houseing. I have a Frontier and I feel it is well built, however, it is not the only well-built 3pt. blower out there. Buy it soon. Prices seem to be going through the roof.!!

/ Blower questions for a kubota l3540
I have no doubt 28hp@pto will run a 72" blower. I have 20hp@pto and run a 64" blower. I love the set up.

Some things to think about....Inspect the area to be blown often. Know that the snow coming out of the blower is a powerful stream. If you do choose a plow, you will have bankings which translates to you need a large area to "store" the snow. With a blower the snow is removed and that's that. A blower does a good job of putting the snow where you want it but, you need wide open spaces to blow to. Yes, you can use the method of blowing in front of the blower though it is not my prefered method. You will end up with big piles at the end of the line, much like a plow. The blower will run into banks and remove snow and ice.

For commercial use get a blower that is well built, 4 fan blades that are tight to the houseing. I have a Frontier and I feel it is well built, however, it is not the only well-built 3pt. blower out there. Buy it soon. Prices seem to be going through the roof.!!

Yeah they are... I was quoted 3475 delivered for a farm king 75? With hyd rotation, manual deflector. I was also quoted what seems to be a steal for a woods sb74 with hyd rotation and electric deflector for 3750 delivered. Now i jusy need to justify the expense. :p

/ Blower questions for a kubota l3540 #13  
Yeah they are... I was quoted 3475 delivered for a farm king 75? With hyd rotation, manual deflector. I was also quoted what seems to be a steal for a woods sb74 with hyd rotation and electric deflector for 3750 delivered. Now i jusy need to justify the expense. :p

I picked up a Normand (Canadian Company) 60" blower with hydraulic rotaion & deflection off Craigslist last December for $1500. It is built like a tank and looked brand new. Oh yeah, the timing of the buy was, lets say, perfect with the amount of snow that got dropped here this past winter. My driveway is gravel, about 500' long - I don't know what would have happened if I just had the plow guy coming. Yeah I guess i do know - I would have been out there with the fel all winter moving mountains of it.

Keep in mind if you get hydraulics for the blower you are going to need remotes.

Well I ordered the blower after getting some work confirmation from my old commercial contacts. I ended up getting the woods sb74 with hyd chute and elec deflector (i have only one rear remote) for 3500 otd assuming they have a shipment going nearby, otherwise im looking at some freight. All in all im pretty happy as my local dealer wanted 1100 more plus tax. The deal on this woods was only 250$ more than a farm king and included the elec deflector. Having a woods dealer 15 mins away was another factor as well for parts/repair. Got a few cans of fluid film, clarences impeller kit and chains/binders on order. Now if i can just find the website to order some snow! :laughing:

/ Blower questions for a kubota l3540 #15  
Good deal , plus that will move the snow away from you back here where it belongs ! :thumbsup:
Just be careful with the chains on pavement, one spin and your customers will want you back to seal their drive .

/ Blower questions for a kubota l3540 #16  
There are some types of tire chains that work well on pavement. Not cheap though, I almost bought a set but figured that the only thing I needed to protect was the garage floor so I spent a few extra bucks and got a set that can climb Everest.

Good deal , plus that will move the snow away from you back here where it belongs ! :thumbsup:
Just be careful with the chains on pavement, one spin and your customers will want you back to seal their drive .

There are some types of tire chains that work well on pavement. Not cheap though, I almost bought a set but figured that the only thing I needed to protect was the garage floor so I spent a few extra bucks and got a set that can climb Everest.

I hear you, weve run chains on our little deeres for years, from a 330,332 and finally our 595, so yeah ive seen the carnage :confused2:. I actually just bought a cheap set of 5/16 4 link ladder chains from tirechains.com for 142.00. I honestly dont even think ill need them, so this was more of an experiment. Its looking more like any work would be in a commercial environment, ie school lot, shopping centers. Chains should help with needed push there. If not im going to have to start beating the street now to get residential customers later, just not looking forward to picking up liability ins again... Ugh.

/ Blower questions for a kubota l3540 #18  
Some things to think about....Inspect the area to be blown often.

That bolded sentence could be a problem. How can the area to be cleared be inspected after a snow (but before clearing with a snow blower)?

I'm not too far north of arsenix2001 so I get about the same amount of snow (there are exceptions, of course). Since most of the snows around here are low to moderate (4"-8") accumulations, a truck mounted plow is the better way to go. Lot less transportation hassles moving from one jobsite to another.

Just something to consider before arsenix2001 spends his money...

Roy, ive actualky already ordered a blower, but your advice is spot on. Like i mentioned earlier i actually ran a decent sized operation for about 6 years. I ran my own truck plow with bed sander as well along with skidsteers. That brand new 2002 7.3 f350 turned into a rustbucket from the inside out within 4 years. The dipstick rusted off :confused2: and that was with me cleaning it after every storm with a powerwasher! So when sold the truck and a few other things I bought a 2008 f450 lariat new in 07, the first one in the dc area actually, i vowed a plow would never come near it, and 4 years and 25k miles later it still looks showroom clean. Shes my daily driver. I ran my last skidsteer in the 09 blizzard and made nice coin, so when i sold the business I bought the 3540 for home/toy use. Its way overkill for 4 acres but the cab sold me for possible snow work. More or less ive always wanted a blower as a toy, and this tractor doesnt have to hp to push a big blade, so i figured ill give the blower a go and hopefully make some side $$ blowing the mess these commercial plow trucks leave behind in the big lots. That or nail down a few drives close to home. Either way it should be fun!

/ Blower questions for a kubota l3540 #20  
Any up date as to how the tractor and blower are working out? Can the tractor handle it? I have a L3540HSTCC and have a 74" Kubota blower but find the tractor under powered for it. I also have a B3030HSTC with a 60" Ecnor (Normand) blower and it works far better than the L3540.