Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Lorenz

/ Lorenz #1  

emapes 50

I am thinking about buying a Lorenz 6310 snowblower it is 78" wide. What quality are Lorenz snowblowers?

/ Lorenz #2  
I am thinking about buying a Lorenz 6310 snowblower it is 78" wide. What quality are Lorenz snowblowers?

First you have to have a large enough power unit to manage a snow caster,
second is snow chains and third is loaded tires for added traction.

You have to have a good servicing dealer to take care of you and your snow caster as it a substantial investment.

A snow caster with open augers is only a big mouthed bucket depending upon the prime mover to push the snow into it and the open augers used to push the snow to the center and the impeller fan to toss it out of the way.

Fresh snow is 21-25 pounds per cubic foot and a six foot blower will be tasked with removing 105 to 125 pounds per foot of advance at a one foot depth of snow fall.

The snow caster will build up heat in the impeller drum and the impeller with the impeller rotating and throwing the snow entering the impeller out of the chute and spout.

The snow caster when at work is a heat sink with the snow and ice creating friction within the snow caster.

Adding one of clarences impeller kits to the impeller will sweep the drum clean at all times and prevent the buildup of slush which can and will freeze the impeller in the drum(this is where a very warm garage or a salamander heater is a godsend for an owner of a big or small snow caster.

Adding the slick sheet material from Agricultural Supplies, Fabric Structures, Equine Buildings, Grain Storage, Livestock Buildings from FarmTek to the side walls and inner walls of the snow caster will prevent the snow from building up and the snow will enter the snow casters impeller more efficiently to allow faster snow removal at the speed of work.

The slower you advance while clearing snow the further the snow will be cast too the side or front and you will have no snow banks of course.

The problem with the open auger snow casters is the open auger;

I can defend my position because the open auger simply carries snow and ice build up until the snow entering the hopper is cast away by the impeller. this occures because the impeller is flooded by the cross auger delivering the snow build up and the total snow amount is not delivered in a continuos flow because of the design of cross auger.

The use of clarences impeller kit eliminates any build up and allows the impeller to work more efficiently by casting ALL the snow out of the impeller drum at the P.T.O., operating speed of 540 R.P.M.

The open auger design is a cost saving measure as a soild auger "ribbon" costs more to manufcture BUT it would break the snow and ice up better and is a more efficient snow removal auger which is used on other brands of 2 stage snow casters that are available today for the end user.

A number of folks on the www.plowsite.com own the Lorenz brand for thier snow removal business and have said they are very happy with them.

You can visit plowsite site and look for the Lorenz postings before or after becoming a member there.

I would contact Ken Sweet first and ask about his line of snow casters as he is a TBN sponsor in good standing and a contributing member as well.

Ken also ships implements from his warehouse in Kentucky as well.

/ Lorenz #3  

I have a 72" Lorenz 630 for my New Holland TC25D. The quality of this unit is very good. The 6310 is the model that replaced mine. I do not have any trouble going through deep snow or even plow packed snow. My PTO HP is 20.3 and I have a hydro trans so adjusting my ground speed to match the blower load is easy.

Attachments

• P1270426.jpg
    P1270426.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 761
  • P1260389.jpg
    P1260389.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 732
  • IMAG0415.jpg
    IMAG0415.jpg
    917.1 KB · Views: 712
  • 2011-01-19_16-53-09_160.jpg
    2011-01-19_16-53-09_160.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 972
   / Lorenz #4  
I also have a lorenz. The thing is a monster and I have only clogged the shoot a few times with really wet snow. With deere 790 tractor in low gear I can move more than a foot. I have used it for 5 years now and my neighbor also has one and they work great. The paddles work great to break up really hard snow. I would buy one again.

/ Lorenz
thanks everybody, I have a Bobcat CT335 that I just bought. I have used a Hydra-Mac skid steer to do my 1/4 mile driveway for a lot of years and it was time to change. I have been leaning towards the Lorenz, its just a lot of money, and I guess I needed some reassurance that my decision was the right one.

/ Lorenz #6  
I have the 9ft model, the only Issue I have is with the orbit motor which operates the chute. Have had to reinforce the bracket which holds the orbit motor to keep it from jumping which tends to occur. Should have used 1/4in an angle Iron instead of pressed flat iron in making that bracket. Other than that, it's a great snow blower.