Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    kubota b2320

Default Snow plowing over gravel.

I just bought a new kubota B2320 and will be using it to plow my limestone driveway. I have been doing alot of research on what to do in order to not scrape all my stone into the yard. In doing so i came up with an idea of my own so i figured i would ask those with more experience before i go to the trouble of building it.

I will be using my 60" woods grader blade. I was thinking of taking a piece of 1" or 1 1/2" steel pipe and welding tabs to it that would attach using the removable cutting edge bolts. That would pretty much act like the pvc pipe that alot of people use without the problem shattering in cold weather that some have talked about.

I can't come up with a reason this wont work but it seems to easy. Any thoughts?

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Re: Snow plowing over gravel.

There are a number of threads on TBN doing exactly that, using a steel pipe. Reports are pretty good.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Platinum Member

what works well for me in nortern Mn. is to drive on the first snows to pack it down.After you have a frozen base it blades off very smooth.I do this before using my front mount blower and don,t disturb any gravelDave

Tractor
    kubota b2320

Quote Originally Posted by bp fick View Post
    There are a number of threads on TBN doing exactly that, using a steel pipe. Reports are pretty good.
    Untill posting this I couldn't find the first thing about a steel pipe......Now sure enough im finding them. And here I thought I had an original idea. Oh well.

Tractor
    kubota b2320

Quote Originally Posted by crusty 1 View Post
    what works well for me in nortern Mn. is to drive on the first snows to pack it down.After you have a frozen base it blades off very smooth.I do this before using my front mount blower and don,t disturb any gravelDave
    Unfortunatly here in central Ohio we don't have the luxury of that. Some years the ground never does freeze.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

BTW, congrats on your B2320!!!

That is a particularly popular model on TBN, it seems. Sure wish I had one. Oh Wait!! I do!
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Tractor
    kubota b2320

Quote Originally Posted by bp fick View Post
    BTW, congrats on your B2320!!!

That is a particularly popular model on TBN, it seems. Sure wish I had one. Oh Wait!! I do!
    Thanks I have had it for about 4 weeks now and love it. Cant wait to plow with it this winter. Just picked up the block heater today at lunch.

Tractor
    JD 2520

I have a front mounted blade and fortunately most of my drive is paved, but I do have a 100 foot gravel drive down to my guest house. Going forward the blade wants to dig in, but I have found that if I back drag with the blade in float, I get very good results.
    JD 2520 with 200CX, 46BH, BB1060 box blade and 54 front blade, Artillian forks, IMD 10K generator, Wallenstein BX42r
    Bob Cat FastCat Pro 48

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Quote Originally Posted by miller3980 View Post
    I just bought a new kubota B2320 and will be using it to plow my limestone driveway. I have been doing alot of research on what to do in order to not scrape all my stone into the yard. In doing so i came up with an idea of my own so i figured i would ask those with more experience before i go to the trouble of building it.

I will be using my 60" woods grader blade. I was thinking of taking a piece of 1" or 1 1/2" steel pipe and welding tabs to it that would attach using the removable cutting edge bolts. That would pretty much act like the pvc pipe that alot of people use without the problem shattering in cold weather that some have talked about.

I can't come up with a reason this wont work but it seems to easy. Any thoughts?
    Are you handy?? how about bolting a set of casters on the blade, so it stays off the ground?? WIDE casters?? It was done on here by one poster, did it to his front mount blower. I will try to see if I can find it.

Either on the blade, or on the frame, so when it drops, it will not drag. Like an anti scalp roller on a mower.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Tractor
    Kubota B7510

Wheels on your RB blade. Wouldn't have any other way.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast