Snow plowing over gravel.

/ Snow plowing over gravel. #1  

miller3980

Tractor
kubota b2320
I just bought a new Kubota B2320 and will be using it to plow my limestone driveway. I have been doing alot of research on what to do in order to not scrape all my stone into the yard. In doing so i came up with an idea of my own so i figured i would ask those with more experience before i go to the trouble of building it.

I will be using my 60" woods grader blade. I was thinking of taking a piece of 1" or 1 1/2" steel pipe and welding tabs to it that would attach using the removable cutting edge bolts. That would pretty much act like the pvc pipe that alot of people use without the problem shattering in cold weather that some have talked about.

I can't come up with a reason this wont work but it seems to easy. Any thoughts?

/ Snow plowing over gravel. #2  
There are a number of threads on TBN doing exactly that, using a steel pipe. Reports are pretty good.

/ Snow plowing over gravel. #3  
what works well for me in nortern Mn. is to drive on the first snows to pack it down.After you have a frozen base it blades off very smooth.I do this before using my front mount blower and don,t disturb any gravel:thumbsup:Dave

/ Snow plowing over gravel.
There are a number of threads on TBN doing exactly that, using a steel pipe. Reports are pretty good.

Untill posting this I couldn't find the first thing about a steel pipe......Now sure enough im finding them. And here I thought I had an original idea. Oh well.

what works well for me in nortern Mn. is to drive on the first snows to pack it down.After you have a frozen base it blades off very smooth.I do this before using my front mount blower and don,t disturb any gravel:thumbsup:Dave

Unfortunatly here in central Ohio we don't have the luxury of that. Some years the ground never does freeze.

/ Snow plowing over gravel. #6  
BTW, congrats on your B2320!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is a particularly popular model on TBN, it seems. Sure wish I had one. Oh Wait!! I do! :D:D

BTW, congrats on your B2320!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is a particularly popular model on TBN, it seems. Sure wish I had one. Oh Wait!! I do! :D:D

Thanks I have had it for about 4 weeks now and love it. Cant wait to plow with it this winter. Just picked up the block heater today at lunch.

/ Snow plowing over gravel. #8  
I have a front mounted blade and fortunately most of my drive is paved, but I do have a 100 foot gravel drive down to my guest house. Going forward the blade wants to dig in, but I have found that if I back drag with the blade in float, I get very good results.

/ Snow plowing over gravel. #9  
I just bought a new Kubota B2320 and will be using it to plow my limestone driveway. I have been doing alot of research on what to do in order to not scrape all my stone into the yard. In doing so i came up with an idea of my own so i figured i would ask those with more experience before i go to the trouble of building it.

I will be using my 60" woods grader blade. I was thinking of taking a piece of 1" or 1 1/2" steel pipe and welding tabs to it that would attach using the removable cutting edge bolts. That would pretty much act like the pvc pipe that alot of people use without the problem shattering in cold weather that some have talked about.

I can't come up with a reason this wont work but it seems to easy. Any thoughts?

Are you handy?? how about bolting a set of casters on the blade, so it stays off the ground?? WIDE casters?? It was done on here by one poster, did it to his front mount blower. I will try to see if I can find it.

Either on the blade, or on the frame, so when it drops, it will not drag. Like an anti scalp roller on a mower.