Pull behind snowblower

/ Pull behind snowblower #1  

Coolvtfly

Tractor
Massey ferguson 35
I have a 1964 MF35 with the Perkins diesel with FEL. Neighbor is selling a pull behind drive forward snowblower. What are the members opinion of this type of snowblower. Anyone have experience with this type of snow removal? Thanks, Scott

/ Pull behind snowblower #2  
I have a 1964 MF35 with the Perkins diesel with FEL. Neighbor is selling a pull behind drive forward snowblower. What are the members opinion of this type of snowblower. Anyone have experience with this type of snow removal? Thanks, Scott

Dad kept out place clean with one for 30 years. Kicking my butt now for NOT buying another just like it. May consider a trade. Was hooked to a 1959 MF FE 35.

They work great, just drive forward, and you seem to keep dryer this way too.

/ Pull behind snowblower #3  
There were / are a few makers of these blowers. Notably Arps and Erskine brands come to mind. These work especially well on farm lanes and roads. It's a bit harder to use them in tight spaces and gets hard to get very close to buildings and such. Some of the chutes were not very adjustable.....some being just right or left. Some of the older ones are quite durable.

Do a search for "arps" or "erskine" for lots of reading and pics (?).

Last edited:
   / Pull behind snowblower #6  
Also look at the MK Martin Meteor series. I've ordered a 75" pull-type that should arrive soon--followed by lots of snow I hope:)

/ Pull behind snowblower #8  
Also look for Lucknow, one of the best blowers money can buy.

I would agree with that. Lucknow (Helm Welding) makes a pull behind forward travel blower that's very similar to my 3PH mounted back up blower that's basically indestructible. It's 7 years young and I haven't worn off the ugly blue paint yet.......:D

When I do, I'll paint it orange.........:laughing:

/ Pull behind snowblower #9  
What happens if you have snow too deep for the tractor to drive through? All the snow-blowing power in the world isn't going to make a difference if you can't drive forward to feed snow into the blower.

/ Pull behind snowblower #10  
No doubt it's a regional thing. I looked at 'em, but stayed with the regular 3-point mount. I would love one, but do get a few deep storms a year. But, they do look like they make things easier.