Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing John Deere 59" Snow Blower - PN:2757M

/ John Deere 59" Snow Blower - PN:2757M
North Country, Here's a 101 on Farmstead Shelterbelts (State recognized term) here in MN but the locals refer to it as their "Grove". (see attached) When you live in rural areas the state encourages the creation of shelterbelts to counter the stong winter NW Winds around residential, machinery buildings, grain storage bins, feed lots (livestock management areas, etc. and also referred to as a Farm's Building site. The picture you attached is a typical shelterbelt found in rural areas but I'll go a step further to illustrate these just don't happen by chance so I've attachedthe plan I submitted to the state 5 years ago. Since that time the outter row of Freedom Honeysuckle are now 12' high and the Black Wallnuts are going on 6'.

Within the attachment the first picture shows the 3 rows of 6 ft wide heavy duty weed control mat laid by using a farm tractor drawn jig - (Plan Rows A, B and C) it not only creates a weed barrier so the young seedling can grow but also retains the moisture during dry times allowing for an accelerated growth. Because of the cost of the mat and the spacing of the plants in Row D we shifted to 4 X 4 individual matting for the Red Oaks. The second picture represents individual seedling plant shelters manufactured by a company called PLANTRA that keeps the seedlings safe for their first 5 years and until they get mature enough to handle the harsh winters, they also come in real handy if you have rabbits.:D

Attachments

• FARMSTEAD SHELTERBELT.pdf
    519 KB · Views: 134
   / John Deere 59" Snow Blower - PN:2757M #12  
I knew there had to be some planning to it - they were so universal. Every farm had one.

For those of you confused, that's not my place - it's an unkown farm in South Dakota. I snapped a picture as I flew overhead.

/ John Deere 59" Snow Blower - PN:2757M #13  
That's what I remember about flying across SD & SW Minn...the wind breaks on ALL the farms. Every farm had a wind break to the north & west, plus most had a fresh line of trees planted to take over when the old ones died.

The tree lines below are to the north & west.

Every picture tells a story don't it.:thumbsup: