Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing John Deere 59" Snow Blower - PN:2757M

/ John Deere 59" Snow Blower - PN:2757M #1  

sriddle1ny

Bronze Member
Tractor
04 JD 790
I just purchased the (3) Retro Kits required to attach a JD59 to my '04 JD790, about $1,800.00 worth. I posted illustrations of each kit's contents which you can find by searching on my user name. :thumbsup: Now I'm starting my search for a used blower, I know, day late and dollar short + wrong time of the season. "IF" I can find one at a reasonable price I'll pick it up. The question:confused: , what is a reasonable price for a good used blower and what should I look for when selecting one. Lastly, can anyone let me know what they recently paid for a new one, not sure I even want to ask............ I've been looking for a couple of weeks now, slim pick'ens.......

/ John Deere 59" Snow Blower - PN:2757M #2  
I know where there are a few, but we have to know where *you* are first.

/ John Deere 59" Snow Blower - PN:2757M
North Country, Sorry for the delay in answering but I just purchased an '09 for $3,500, used very little and no rust at all.:D

/ John Deere 59" Snow Blower - PN:2757M #4  
North Country, Sorry for the delay in answering but I just purchased an '09 for $3,500, used very little and no rust at all.:D

Sure would enjoy a couple pictures of that set-up.:thumbsup: Would love to have a front blower on my 770.!!

JDGreenGrass, No Problem, once I get the JD59 (driving to WY tomorrow to pick-up) and remove the now attached JD419 and JD60 Mid Mower (first time...... should be interesting) then install the recently purchased three Retro Kits I identified (first time....... should be interesting) in another thread then I'll send PICs of the steps along the way to get this full-up-mounted. I'll be sure to note the specific tool needed, trials and tribulations along the way since I consider myself mechanically challenged for sure. In my other thread I included a '07 JD59 Usage Index as I call it where it identifies what Retro Kits that are needed on what JD CUTs in order to be able to use the JD59. Your 770 is in the same basic grouping of tractors as my 790 so you'll require the same Retro Kits I've acquired along the way.

HOLD EVERYTHING, CHANGE IN DIRECTION !! Visted Local JD Dealership to get a handle on new Bare Bones JD59 Unit Pricing. They offered a new JD59 for $3,400.00 (tax not included) so an easy decision to cancel the other transaction before I signed a Purchase Agreement. Keep in mind though this price is without any of the necessary attaching hardware you'll need so if you find a used unit with the specific attching hardware you need for your CUT it might be a good deal.

For those of you who are looking to purchase a used JD59, I've attached a Serial Number to Production Year listing.

Attachments

• JD59 Production Serial Numbers.pdf
    42.7 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
   / John Deere 59" Snow Blower - PN:2757M #7  
HOLD EVERYTHING, CHANGE IN DIRECTION !! Visted Local JD Dealership to get a handle on new Bare Bones JD59 Unit Pricing. They offered a new JD59 for $3,400.00 (tax not included) so an easy decision to cancel the other transaction before I signed a Purchase Agreement. Keep in mind though this price is without any of the necessary attaching hardware you'll need so if you find a used unit with the specific attching hardware you need for your CUT it might be a good deal.

For those of you who are looking to purchase a used JD59, I've attached a Serial Number to Production Year listing.

That's a lot better than MN to WY. If I remember right from my time in Lander, there's a Dakota or two in between.

North Country, You're so right, about 680 miles (one way) from my locale in SW MN to Sheridan, WY & about $450.00 in trip pick-up expenses. I went to several JD Dealers and the canned Base Price for the bare JD59 was about $3,900.00 as they flipped the computor monitor towards me to see until I hit one that didn't have high overhead to maintain, i.e., a big new building or large staff so their offer couldn't be beat. Everyone says the JD59 is a great machine so I purchased the JD790 last month that has enough HP to drive it so we'll see how it works in MN. We don't have much snow accumulation but in the SW portion of the state the winds blow accross the farm fields causing 4' to 6' drifts + the below zero temps. :)

Last edited:
   / John Deere 59" Snow Blower - PN:2757M #9  
We don't have much snow accumulation but in the SW portion of the state the winds blow accross the farm fields causing 4' to 6' drifts + the below zero temps. :)

That's what I remember about flying across SD & SW Minn...the wind breaks on ALL the farms. Every farm had a wind break to the north & west, plus most had a fresh line of trees planted to take over when the old ones died.

The tree lines below are to the north & west.

Attachments

• P1010122.JPG
    P1010122.JPG
    614.1 KB · Views: 592
   / John Deere 59" Snow Blower - PN:2757M #10  
That's what I remember about flying across SD & SW Minn...the wind breaks on ALL the farms. Every farm had a wind break to the north & west, plus most had a fresh line of trees planted to take over when the old ones died.

The tree lines below are to the north & west.

That is a nice looking place