Just ordered chains....man are they heavy

/ Just ordered chains....man are they heavy #1  

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
Just ordered front and rear chains for my DK45. Got the 2 link ladder chains so as not to hurt concrete/asphalt. Got them from tirechains.com..... 6 packages weighing in at 330#. YEIKS. My back already hurts and i haven't even received them yet. I'm going to have to trick...er ask ... a neighbor to come and help... er ... come and look at something in my shop.

/ Just ordered chains....man are they heavy #2  
Just ordered front and rear chains for my DK45. Got the 2 link ladder chains so as not to hurt concrete/asphalt. Got them from tirechains.com..... 6 packages weighing in at 330#. YEIKS. My back already hurts and i haven't even received them yet. I'm going to have to trick...er ask ... a neighbor to come and help... er ... come and look at something in my shop.

Dumb question but, how do you put chains for four tires in six packages? :confused2:

/ Just ordered chains....man are they heavy
Dumb question but, how do you put chains for four tires in six packages? :confused2:

i also ordered the tensioner springs (package 5) and an install tool (package 6).

/ Just ordered chains....man are they heavy #4  
I also order some chains from Tirechains.com for my BX25.

Front and Rear, 4 link style, with tensioners, all in one little 10"x10"x10" box. :D

/ Just ordered chains....man are they heavy #5  

Don't feel bad, I was thinking the same thing:eek:

James K0UA

/ Just ordered chains....man are they heavy #6  
when you get them, they get heavier!

/ Just ordered chains....man are they heavy #7  
Yup, them buggers are heavy, but well worth it! :thumbsup:

Joe

/ Just ordered chains....man are they heavy #8  
I am using 2 link ladders on as set of old Goodyear turf tires.
Got them from a JD dealer for less money than anywhere I could find on the web....... And no shipping.........

They work really well.
Good luck

/ Just ordered chains....man are they heavy #9  
GRS- I'm hoping we won't need them this year, I think you being a little north of me get about as much snow as I do being 1000' higher than the lake. I got my chains from Tirechain last year, 4 link v-bars. I have a gravel driveway and dirt roads to maintain with icy grades so I went with the v-bar. Did you get the chain spreader tool or the binder type tensioner tool? One of my neighbors has the chain spreader and it allowed me to cut some of the slack out of the chains and re-crimp them to customize the chains. Glad I have the FEL, it helped to move the boxes to my shop, I felt sorry for the UPS driver.

/ Just ordered chains....man are they heavy #10  
They were kind of like a several hundred pound greased Slinky the first time I tried to mount them. There are several dozen ways to mount them the hard way. I know. I tried them all before I figured it out by reading the advice of TBN members.