72" snowplow blade compatible with the JD front quick hitch

/ 72" snowplow blade compatible with the JD front quick hitch #2  
It looks nice, but it is almost $1800 delivered. Most plow blades this size sell for $300 to $400.

/ 72" snowplow blade compatible with the JD front quick hitch #3  
It looks nice, but it is almost $1800 delivered. Most plow blades this size sell for $300 to $400.

Tractor FRONT MOUNT snow blades sell for lots of $$, not 300-400. Mine ran about 1800 for a 7' blade.

/ 72" snowplow blade compatible with the JD front quick hitch #4  
If you live in an area with little snow that plow on that tractor may be OK... That was way too much plow for that machine in my opinion. That machine would never push through 2 feet of heavy snow with that plow....

Regards,
Chris

/ 72" snowplow blade compatible with the JD front quick hitch #5  
I do not know if I fully agree that it is too much plow. I run a 72" JD straight blade plow on my Gator 825I, and have plowed with a 595 that I owned about 5 years ago with the 54" blade. The plow shown looks "snow specific" and not too heavy. My experience with the 595 (now 748) and the 54" blade indicated that the tractor was capable of handling much more plow, even on hilly terrain and in deep snow. Given my current 72" setup on my Gator and comparing both plows, I have no doubt a 595/748 could handle a 6' moldboard. Although I live in the south, I happen to live in one of the higher snowfall counties south of PN. Our snows are augmented by our 2800-6200' elevations and steep pitches. We also have micro-clims on our mountain specifically where snowfalls can vary within less than one travel mile by up to two feet in depth. Last year, we had 16" at my house on Christmas and there was between two and three feet at the top of our mountain (in one snow). My point here is that over the years we have used about every piece of John Deere equipment out there up to a 4000 series tractor for snow plowing. In that time, we have seen the ones that do well and those that do not. The X700 four wheel drive tractors are good plowing machines, and could handle a 6' blade like this that is well-designed in snow without a problem, but chains are recommended for max performance. That said, the price given for a essentially a moldboard is on the steep side. My PT blade, with hydraulics, shoes, and remote angling box was only $1700.00 at purchase.

John M