Farm King 740 snow blower

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #11  
I did get a few cans of fluid film but no impleller kit. I've heard them mentioned a few times on this site but haven't seen any links for a website. Does anyone have a link for that or does he not have a website to order from? Might get a kit for my walk behind blower as well.

Ask and you shall receive, Clarence has kits for both the walk behinds and the rear and front mount snow casters. the buyers of them rave about how well the old snow casters work with the impeller kits.

Both sizes are the same price or were anyway, I cannot use one on my John Deere because of the plastic impeller, UGH!!!!!!!!!!, we will see how it fairs this winter...

The link is not working again for some reason&^%^%, but if you google clarences impeller kit it will bring you right to it on the first page.

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #12  
I dont have snow blower, but since most snow if pretty "fluffy" would it be worth while to put some sort of screen mesh over the front. Or at least up 6 or 8 inches to stop the rocks. I know there is potential for it to get blocked up, but if rocks are the major cause of shear pin breakage then this might help.

Wedge
PS It's early and I haven't have had my coffee.

The tonnage of snow force on the blower would destroy any mesh you install. The best way is just to install a nice set of hardened skid shoes. These work wonders.

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #13  
I dont have snow blower, but since most snow if pretty "fluffy" would it be worth while to put some sort of screen mesh over the front. Or at least up 6 or 8 inches to stop the rocks. I know there is potential for it to get blocked up, but if rocks are the major cause of shear pin breakage then this might help.

Wedge
PS It's early and I haven't have had my coffee.

I have thread here in on the attachment forum descrbing how you can install a screen guard/reinforcing mesh screen to the front of the snow caster to prevent large rocks and the like from entering the mounted snow caster.

The large mesh and the narrow flat steel used to secure it wil not hamper the snow removal process and you can always pull forward and take half a cut if desired and it saves on damage with broken shear pins as the snow mounds up in front if you are traveling too fast anyway which creates a lot of excess strain on the impeller as the amount of snow entering the snow caster is not regulated.

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #14  
Can you explain to me how to replace the auger shear bolt? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks much.

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #15  
Can you explain how to replace the auger shear bolt. I can't seem to figure it out. Does the sprocket and bearing have to be removed first?

/ Farm King 740 snow blower
The auger shear bolt is located by the small sprocket that the chain is on. If you rotate the auger (usually best to have someone else rotate it while you look) you will see 2 circular plates and a small hole for the bolt to go through. you have to line up the 2 plates and holes to get the bolt in. I attached a pic- look at the yellow arrow but it will be under the metal cap which you don't need to remove. Hope that makes sense but if it doesn't let me know and I can take a picture of exactly where it is.

Attachments

• tractor33.jpg
    tractor33.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 479
To answer your other questions- no- nothing needs to be removed to replace the auger shear bolt. To replace the 2 prop shaft shear bolts you will need to take the driveshaft off but thats easy as well.

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #18  
Sidewinder.... looking at a Farmking740 3pt snow blower. Do you like yours and would you buy one again?

Thanks,

So far I've been very happy with it and I'd buy it again. I wish the clearance between the impellor and housing were a little closer but that's the only complaint I have about it. I would also say definately get the hydraulic chute rotator as it would be a real pain for me without it.

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #20  
Thanks for the info. I'm pricing one with the hydraulic chute rotator.