Farm King 740 snow blower

/ Farm King 740 snow blower
Good luck with the purchase. I also forgot to mention that I installed a pipe on the cutting edge since I have a gravel driveway and it made a huge difference. I used a piece of 2.5" galvanized pipe (used for power feed conduit almost 1/4" thick) and split it lengthwise. I welded some tabs to it and it slips over the cutting edge and is bolted in place with 2 bolts for easy removal once the ground is frozen. Since I split the pipe it only has about 1" below the cutting edge but having the rounded cutting edge made all the difference for me. No more picking up gravel and rocks. I've only broken 2 shear pins and that was due to picking up pieces of wood that fell from trees during the snow storm and couldn't see them. I will say it likes deeper snow better- I prefer to wait till there is 8" or more if possible as it seems to do a better job with more snow. some areas I've waited till there was over a foot and it goes through it like butter.

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #22  
I have a slightly older version that was already set up for hydraulic chute rotation and all I had to do was add a cylinder. I also modified the chute a bit and put on a hydraulic chute deflector with a spare cylinder I had. Great Idea with the pipe this is one of my biggest problems. could you post a picture or two of the pipe. IMAG0461.jpgIMAG0459.jpg