Farm King 740 snow blower

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #1  

sidewinder770

Tractor
NH TC35D
First I have to thank everyone on this forum. I've been reading a lot about snow blowers for a while now and have learned quite a bit. I was pretty sure I was going to get a front mount blower but just couldn't get over the fact that I wouldn't be able to use my FEL. So I looked at rear 3pt blowers and I looked at a lot- Buhler/Farm King, woods, New Holland, JD, Meteor, Pronovost, etc. I was actually pretty set on getting a Lorenz. Ended up driving by a NH dealer I have never been to and figured I'd see what they had in stock. Ended up going home with this Farm King Y740. It's last years model and had been on there lot for a while so they made me a smokin deal I just couldn't pass up. Something tells me it was priced wrong or something but ended up getting it for just over $2300 after tax with the Hyd chute. Seems to be built very well and it's pretty heavy. Hopefully my TC35 handles it well. I think I'm ready for the snow now!

tractor1.jpg

tractor2.jpg

tractor3.jpg

tractor4.jpg

tractor5.jpg

tractor6.jpg

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #2  
I had a farmking blower for about 6 seasons. they work great. The only issue i had with mine was i bent the augar several times on hidden rocks (we grow rocks in N. Idaho... i kid you not. they show up in the middle of my lawn every year...large rocks). I ended up having to weld a few support plates on the auger and this stopped all further trouble. Also learned not to use too strong of a shear bolt. The blower worked best after the ground was good and frozen. Congrats.

Mine had hyd chute rotator also...worth every penny.

Attachments

• rotor fix.jpg
    rotor fix.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 731
   / Farm King 740 snow blower #3  
I have the same blower just a few models older, built like a tank and replacement parts are standard farm parts that can be found at any farm store. You won't be disappointed.

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #4  
oh... and get a stock of both sizes of shear pins before the snow flies. Replacing the 2 in the PTO shaft really sucks..the other one on the chain drive is real easy.

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #5  
Sounds like a good deal on a good plow! :thumbsup: Your all set.

Wonder if you got skid shoes for that nice gravel driveway? Cant tell from the pictures. :confused: Something to consider.

Edit: One more look at your pics....and I saw the shoes. WTG ;)

Last edited:
   / Farm King 740 snow blower #6  
First I have to thank everyone on this forum. I've been reading a lot about snow blowers for a while now and have learned quite a bit. I was pretty sure I was going to get a front mount blower but just couldn't get over the fact that I wouldn't be able to use my FEL. So I looked at rear 3pt blowers and I looked at a lot- Buhler/Farm King, woods, New Holland, JD, Meteor, Pronovost, etc. I was actually pretty set on getting a Lorenz. Ended up driving by a NH dealer I have never been to and figured I'd see what they had in stock. Ended up going home with this Farm King Y740. It's last years model and had been on there lot for a while so they made me a smokin deal I just couldn't pass up. Something tells me it was priced wrong or something but ended up getting it for just over $2300 after tax with the Hyd chute. Seems to be built very well and it's pretty heavy. Hopefully my TC35 handles it well. I think I'm ready for the snow now!

tractor1.jpg

tractor2.jpg

tractor3.jpg

tractor4.jpg

tractor5.jpg

tractor6.jpg

All you need now is one of clarences impeller kits to sweep the impeller drum clean and cast the snow about 50 feet. the impeller kit costs thrty dollars and clarence has a money back guarantee if you do not like the kit.

Clarence has a very happy bunch of of customers anf he has a you tube video showing how well the impeller kit works.

All you need now is a few cans of Fluid Film? | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor for the chute and spout to keep the snow from sticking

/ Farm King 740 snow blower
oh... and get a stock of both sizes of shear pins before the snow flies. Replacing the 2 in the PTO shaft really sucks..the other one on the chain drive is real easy.

I thought the same thing when I was at the dealer. I asked if they had some and they said sure- we'll give ya a few at no cost. They walked out and handed me 6 - 1-1/4"x1/4" bolts:confused3:. I did notice that there were 2 extras in with the manual but they both looked the same. I'll have to go check and make sure of the location and how to replace before I start blowing with it. Probably should pick up a few extras as well- no rocks here but frozen horse road apples might as well be the same thing :D. I'll have to look at getting another set of rear remotes as well so I can use the hyd top link with the blower but maybe I won't need to ?

/ Farm King 740 snow blower
All you need now is one of clarences impeller kits to sweep the impeller drum clean and cast the snow about 50 feet. the impeller kit costs thrty dollars and clarence has a money back guarantee if you do not like the kit.

Clarence has a very happy bunch of of customers anf he has a you tube video showing how well the impeller kit works.

All you need now is a few cans of Fluid Film? | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor for the chute and spout to keep the snow from sticking

I did get a few cans of fluid film but no impleller kit. I've heard them mentioned a few times on this site but haven't seen any links for a website. Does anyone have a link for that or does he not have a website to order from? Might get a kit for my walk behind blower as well.

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #9  
I thought the same thing when I was at the dealer. I asked if they had some and they said sure- we'll give ya a few at no cost. They walked out and handed me 6 - 1-1/4"x1/4" bolts:confused3:. I did notice that there were 2 extras in with the manual but they both looked the same. I'll have to go check and make sure of the location and how to replace before I start blowing with it. Probably should pick up a few extras as well- no rocks here but frozen horse road apples might as well be the same thing :D. I'll have to look at getting another set of rear remotes as well so I can use the hyd top link with the blower but maybe I won't need to ?

there are 2 large shear bolts on the tractor side of the PTO and one smaller shear bolt on the chain pully (off of the drive shaft). I forget the size and shear strength though. it is specified in the manual as to size and grade. The only way the pto shears is if something gets cought in the impellers directly. Rocks have a way of sneaking in there.

/ Farm King 740 snow blower #10  
I dont have snow blower, but since most snow if pretty "fluffy" would it be worth while to put some sort of screen mesh over the front. Or at least up 6 or 8 inches to stop the rocks. I know there is potential for it to get blocked up, but if rocks are the major cause of shear pin breakage then this might help.

Wedge
PS It's early and I haven't have had my coffee.