We got 9-10" of new snow so i got to play with my new toys

/ We got 9-10" of new snow so i got to play with my new toys #1  

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
I've been dying to get some seat time and try out my new loader mounted snow blade and loader mounted snow blower. I ended up waiting too long, and got stuck moving 9-10 " of snow ...i was planning on limiting it to 6" for my first time to get use to the tools.

First off i tried the blade with only the rear chains installed, leaving the front chains in the shop. When i angled the blade fully to one side or the other it would cause the tractor to drift. So off to the shop i went and installed the 2 link ladder chains up front.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE. now there is NO drifting no matter how far i angle the blade. I plowed 2-1/2 miles of road 24' wide in about 3 hours. I did 1/2 of it in high range and the rest in mid range. Next time ill do it in less time cause today i had to establish my outer ranges of the road, as it was total white out. Now i have ridges so I'm figuring i should cut an hour off the time easily. That blade moved some serious snow.

Next i hooked up the hydraulic loader mounted snowblower to do the driveways. The biggest problem here was the ground underneath hasn't frozen yet, so the skid shoes tend to dig in too much, and it makes setting a height hard. But BOY did this thing blow some snow. The blower is 75" wide and blew the snow as well as my old pto powered unit did. Also, Ther are NO shear pins in this blower...so no more of that nonesence. And NO snow got cought in the impeller at all... i was amazed. the fact that the hydraulic drive is always running keeps it from bogging down i guess.

I made a short video but needless to say it sucked cause its hard to film, drive and operate the blower at the same time. I posted it to youtube anyways (for what its worth).

It was snowing at the time and overcast but you can get the idea. I wasn't able to film the snow blade...cause i forgot to bring the camera out on the roads. Next time i will.

Also for all the neigh-sayers that say a snow blade is too light on a front end loader...NOPE. it dug in just fine and didn't jump up and down, i ran it on float the entire time.

I limited myself to a 84" blade cause thats what everyone told me was the limit for my tractor. I KNOW i could have run a wider blade. In mid range i had lots of power, and it never bogged down. But I'm happy with this blade none the less. The hydraulic swivel run into my rear remotes worked great, as the lever is right next to my bucket controls. I did extend the control lever with a removable shifter though to gain some height on the control. Worked slick.

any rate....for what its worth, heres the youtube link.

Snowblower 2011.mpg - YouTube

/ We got 9-10" of new snow so i got to play with my new toys #2  
Looks good and sounds good too.

Would like to see it going thru 24" snow.

Were you running on shoes or holding it up??

JB

/ We got 9-10" of new snow so i got to play with my new toys #3  
After viewing the video, that set up does an excellent job. That machine really blows the snow.:thumbsup: Be safe.

/ We got 9-10" of new snow so i got to play with my new toys
Looks good and sounds good too.

Would like to see it going thru 24" snow.

Were you running on shoes or holding it up??

JB

Running on float and shoes. Its supposed to go to 24" , just have to slow it down. When my horse barn shed roof loses its load of snow, i get a 5' deep pile. Thats where this loader mounted blower will earn its keep. No more back draging some and turning around to blow it, then back dragging some more...NOPE, now ill just raise it up and shoot some snow, back up and lower the arms and shoot some more. Never have to turn around again :laughing: :laughing:

/ We got 9-10" of new snow so i got to play with my new toys #5  
Looks good. Better than i thought it would perform actually.

If you dont mind, what kind of price is it for the powerpack and blower? I know its not a cheap setup by any stretch.

/ We got 9-10" of new snow so i got to play with my new toys #6  
That looks great, Greg!!!
Thanks for posting the video!

/ We got 9-10" of new snow so i got to play with my new toys #7  
Be real carefull running around at speed with the loader on float.... will eventually lead to a nasty surprise.

Be real carefull running around at speed with the loader on float.... will eventually lead to a nasty surprise.

?? like what ?

Looks good. Better than i thought it would perform actually.

If you dont mind, what kind of price is it for the powerpack and blower? I know its not a cheap setup by any stretch.

no, not cheap. The blower was $6.100 and the powerpack was $3,995.. The controls ran $640.00. But i bought a set of forks and the blade at the same time, so i got a discount of $1,656 plus free shipping (another $440) off of the price.

It was alot, but i really couldnt physically handle another winter driving backwards. A fream mount snowblower runs nearly $7,000 (my shoppong around) and that cant handle my 5 foot piles of snow very well.

I just had to bite the bullet.

/ We got 9-10" of new snow so i got to play with my new toys #10  
That thing really blows :thumbsup: would you mind adding some pictures of the hydraulics for the chute deflector............I'm modifying mine as we speak.